who else is freaked about con on monday? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
god damn stupid con!! starting a week earlier!! :( we cant even go to o-week and what the hell is with it WHERES OUR FREKAING TIMETABLE!! gah!! :confused: how are we suposed to know when and where are subjects are?? guess!! yes we know some of the tutes, some of the lectures but when the hell are our practical things!! like chamber music, brass choir and all that stuff!! damn the con!! and has anyone got their textsbooks yet!! TWO books for Harmony and Analysis!!! and a book for aural which i cant find anywhere!!! damn the con!!!

I can't even get really really pissed on thursday now cause i have a fucking class at 10 the next morning!!! stupid place!! and freaking concert prac on the 11th for me!!! gah noooo!!! *is pissed off*

tim is just pissed off at how unhelpful the con is being and freaking annoying, please take no notice... :D

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
oh so its true about the con starting on monday?! oh shit......

wat is happening on monday?! where are we meant to go?

*starts to panic*

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
god damn the con!! i think everyone is freaked now!! fucking kimmy didn't even fucking explain it!! i fucking hope its a bad rumour, cause what i herd them say was that rehersals started next week but classes on the 7th!! someone fucking help!!!! :(

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Classes, including lectures and tutorials, at the Conservatorium begin on the 28th of February, NOT the 7th of March.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
You will Need the following books, available from Allans Music, or from a few other music shops.

Gauldin, R. Workbook for Harmonic Practice in Tonal Music, 2nd edition.
Benward, B., & Kolosick, J. Ear Training: A technique for listening, 6th edition.
Edlund, L. Modus Vetus (though it can prove cheaper to photocopy this entire book, available from Closed Reserve in the library)

The other books (Harmonic Practice in Tonal Music, and the Keyboard book) are not necessary, though the former of these is a useful reference. The other one is a waste of money, which is Also cheaper to photocopy than to purchase.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Phanatical said:
You will Need the following books, available from Allans Music, or from a few other music shops.

Gauldin, R. Workbook for Harmonic Practice in Tonal Music, 2nd edition.
Benward, B., & Kolosick, J. Ear Training: A technique for listening, 6th edition.
Edlund, L. Modus Vetus (though it can prove cheaper to photocopy this entire book, available from Closed Reserve in the library)

The other books (Harmonic Practice in Tonal Music, and the Keyboard book) are not necessary, though the former of these is a useful reference. The other one is a waste of money, which is Also cheaper to photocopy than to purchase.
lol, I've got my timetable sorted. Just go to your personalised timetable draft, highlight the ones you need, the compulsary ones, and where your tutorials are.

I have a lecture on Monday - Harmony and Analysis 1, 12pm.

few questions

where can we see that sort of information about what textbooks we need?

are those the books I really need? Do composers have different text books than performers? ie, aren't there any slight variations?

How much would you say one would spend on textbooks?

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
You NEED textbooks for Harmony and Analysis 1-4 (Gauldin, Workbook for Harmonic Practice in Tonal Music), and Aural Perception 1-4 (Benward & Kolosick, Ear Training, and Edlund, Modus Vetus). I don't think there are many other subjects which require the purchase of workbooks.

Expect to pay $100-150 for the both.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)