Who got 99+ without Extension maths or Physics? (2 Viewers)

HSC
Oh possessionless, you seem to be following me around always taunting me with your oh-so-blunt wit and degrading of me and my opinions. You just seem to be very disgruntled because I proved to you that in the higher ATAR's, the higher scaling subjects featured prominently.

90.50 is the exact minimum I want, as it's the ATAR cut-off of the course I want into. It'll probably be revised, but yeah... I'm thinking I'll get 93-94.
why would i give a fuck what a prick like you has to say? after all, you got your proof off a forum, it doesn't count.
and i dont give a fuck about scaling obviously. i got way higher than the atar i need and im very happy with it thankyou very much. stop being so arrogant and thinking you know it all because clearly if you are getting your information from some student forum you dont!

waller

HSC
wonder if anyone on BOS got 99+ without any extensions or physics or modern (modern seems to be the physics of the humanities lol)

solid effort if they did.. then again 99 is a solid effort no matter what you do

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
You obviously do give a fuck to what I say because you're replying.

Anyway, proof is proof. Most of the data I collected was from the higher ATAR's anyway - as most of the ATAR's reported were on the higher stuff. Besides, it is very very clear from that sample that the higher ATAR's are dominated by those who do high scaling subjects. I don't see how you can't see that.

HSC
You obviously do give a fuck to what I say because you're replying.

Anyway, proof is proof. Most of the data I collected was from the higher ATAR's anyway - as most of the ATAR's reported were on the higher stuff. Besides, it is very very clear from that sample that the higher ATAR's are dominated by those who do high scaling subjects. I don't see how you can't see that.
if i cared i wouldnt have picked the subjects in the first place, would I? I wanted to enjoy year 11/12 with subjects I enjoyed not what scaled the best! And you are missing alot of data that isn't on BOS, incase you didn't realise!

HSC
if i cared i wouldnt have picked the subjects in the first place, would I? I wanted to enjoy year 11/12 with subjects I enjoyed not what scaled the best! And you are missing alot of data that isn't on BOS, incase you didn't realise!
well stated there :)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I know I'm missing a lot of data - but there are general trends that will be followed. In fact, the trends are so well known they are enshrined in folklore, i.e. ehtefaz's post.

The point is not about your subjects - it's about the higher ATAR's being dominated with high scaling subjects. However from your posts, I garner the impression that it's just as easy, or only moderately hard to get high ATAR's with low scaling subjects. In my view, that is spreading feel-good fluff, like Today Tonight and all that media sensationalism, which I don't like.

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
I know I'm missing a lot of data - but there are general trends that will be followed. In fact, the trends are so well known they are enshrined in folklore, i.e. ehtefaz's post.

The point is not about your subjects - it's about the higher ATAR's being dominated with high scaling subjects. However from your posts, I garner the impression that it's just as easy, or only moderately hard to get high ATAR's with low scaling subjects. In my view, that is spreading feel-good fluff, like Today Tonight and all that media sensationalism, which I don't like.
wat about the fact that maybe some of the ppl lied about their atar/subjects....???

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Why would they lie though? Anything less than 99.95 people will just say 'Yeah that's a good effort', if they knew them - but really, they are just another post in the topic.

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
plenty of ppl lied to me about their atar, they want to sound smarter =S im not saying anyone here DID do that, its just a possibility

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Because they have something to prove to you maybe. Still, I only took ATAR's of those who also posted their HSC marks - although they could've lied as well.

Scinery

HSC
Congratulations Clifford!! you seem to be the only valid "god" in this thread so far haha

amidst the ramblings of shadowdude. =.=

chrisnumber1

HSC
I've noticed a correlation between students who recieve 99+ and students who do Extension 1-2 Math / Physics

For those who did neither of the two, What subjects did you do?

You must be godly
my friend got 99.85 with ancient, history ext, ext 2 english(he went shit so only ext 1 counted) SOR II and legal studies, but he got state rankings for 2 subjects and one of them was a first in state.

wendybird

HSC
I've noticed a correlation between students who recieve 99+ and students who do Extension 1-2 Math / Physics

For those who did neither of the two, What subjects did you do?

You must be godly

I didn't have a single unit of maths or science count towards my ATAR. ;)

Nyxie

HSC
I think Wendy (the goddess of humanities) cleared up our doubts :D Well done Wendy!

JustAnotherDamo

HSC
Salutations everyone!~ Congratulations so very much for some truly outstanding results.

Now, I don't quite meet the "99+" criterion (I got 99.00 which I still have great difficulty in believing the authenticity of because I'm paranoid like that =D) but I might be able to contribue to this conundrum.

My subjects were Advanced English, Studies of Religion II, Modern History, Legal Studies, Business Studies and Extension English. However, my Extension English unit was neglected in ATAR consideration so I suppose I might be able to be considered as a possible answer to this topic. For extra amusement I used to do General Maths (Because Extension Math and Mathematics clashed with legal Studies) before dropping that.

I believe that our Dux also got 99+ without Extension Maths or Physics.

Thank you!~

alex09hsc

HSC
the only people i know whove got 99+ didnt do any maths or science (excluding senior science)

wendybird

HSC
I think Wendy (the goddess of humanities) cleared up our doubts :D Well done Wendy!
Fun fact though - I never set out to be such a humanities person. I use to do 3U Maths, Economics and Chemistry. :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)