Who here was tutored in at least 1 subject? (1 Viewer)

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Never been tutored, i guess id put it down to laziness. Pretty much did it on my own as no one really close to me did the same subjects.

Candypants

I got 'mentored' in 2u maths. She is a friend of my Dad's and I saw her occassionally and she helped me out with problems and then helped me with study techniques... but we didn't pay her or anything.

She was totally awesome. I pulled a 90 in maths - I would have never thought that possible. I am soooo not a maths person!

tensai

HSC
well in my opinion maths tutor is the most useless of all. You are either good or crap, smart or dumb, black or white. English tutor is a must, of course some ppl are better at expressing themselves then others, but a tutor can teach u how to bullshit the way teachers want u to bullshit. Phy and chem tutors also important. My results instantly picked up when i got tutor for these two subjects.

rumour

HSC
tensai said:
well in my opinion maths tutors are the most useless of all. You are either good or crap, smart or dumb, black or white.
No it isn't they can help you improve a lot!!!!!

alby

cool duckie
HSC
tensai said:
well in my opinion maths tutor is the most useless of all. You are either good or crap, smart or dumb, black or white.
i disagree...i got 1 after the trials...he brought my marks up heaps..then again, i had 1 before him, who did shit all for me & my marks
tensai said:
English tutor is a must, of course some ppl are better at expressing themselves then others, but a tutor can teach u how to bullshit the way teachers want u to bullshit.
my eng tutor rocked!!!! she taught me how to do good eng essays/stories...& she put a bomb under my butt towards the end, giving me an extra couple of marks in the exams (eventhough my time management made me unable to finish a few sections in both papers)

tensai

HSC
i think a maths book with fully worked out solution is better than any maths tutor

tensai

HSC
alby said:
evil people who try to tutor, but cant tutor for crap...

Yep, i had an english tutor before who always goes on and on about her life. It's like:"oh boys, Hamlet's life is full of drama and tragedy. Very similar to an old friend of mine...........zzzzzzz

Plebeian

I am an organic apple like Laurie, albeit a much smaller one. Maybe a cherry tomato or something. Or a pea. *bows to Laurie*

Last edited by a moderator:

danza108

HSC
hey did anyone get tutoring in eco? i was wondering if its actually worthwhile... coz the way i see it.. its jus basically what the teacher says jus repeated. but i dunno.. my eco ranks arent that flash... and i was jus wondering if itd help.. and does anyone have reccomandations on good eco tutors

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
umm with maths the worked answers always helped me..
in cafs and business my teachers were the best so whenever i had questions they would see me after class or at lunchtime.. leading up to the hsc my business and cafs teacher met up with me and went through my practice essays/questions to tell me whether or not im on the right track.. and my english teacher marked any essay i gave to him (though i got like 3 of them a few months late.. a couple of weeks before the hsc in the mail lol)
i think teachers were my best resource.. because i wasnt really struggling with any subjects besides english and i knew i was screwed for that anyway (its hard to get a good tutor that would know my combination of texts)
i guess it just depends on the person and they way they learn things..

A2RAYA

You've done us proud boys
HSC
had a physics tutor who got me from a 42% in the trials to a 75 in the hsc....now that i think about it, i shoulda gone to him earlier

also one for 2U maths but my marks didnt improve too much

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)