• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

who marks major works? (1 Viewer)

roseviolett

HSC
it's NESA right? since it would be anonymous?
I'm so confused because my teacher said she and 3 other teachers marked everyone's works and we got marks back (which were not very good but that's besides the point)
But that's not how it works right?

sorry if this makes no sense :confused2:

katiekms

it’s like a big train wreck (la la la)
HSC
it's NESA right? since it would be anonymous?
I'm so confused because my teacher said she and 3 other teachers marked everyone's works and we got marks back (which were not very good but that's besides the point)
But that's not how it works right?

sorry if this makes no sense :confused2:
i heard from a video about BOWs that there’s like 50-100 markers (idk how much) that mark major works, i’m pretty sure some of them are qualified for different mediums. i don’t know everyone that makes up the marker population but at least some of them definitely are teachers, which yes, could be from your school. theyre not supposed to know whose major work is whose, so im sure theres something in place to stop teachers from marking their students works.
what do you mean you got marks back? are you taliking about trials? if so, and if your trials included marking progress on your body of work, then i’m pretty sure your teachers are allowed to mark your work - especially if your school added on the body of work aspect in addition to theory.
unless i’ve completely misunderstood what you meant lol.

[ ]

HSC
Uni Grad
NESA doesn't mark the thing by itself. In fact, they hire qualified teachers with enough expertise to do the marking for them, since NESA is just an organisation and won't be able to handle everything by themselves. I remember my CAFS teacher said that he signed up for HSC exam paper marking. So I guess that's how it is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)