• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Who will be like Sally on Home and Away? (2 Viewers)

mattsta

hahaha
HSC
Does everyone remember Sally when she was doing her HSC (actually THREE times)?

She took caffeine pills to stay awake, studied 24/7 and looked as if she had depression. She then FAILED. She did the same thing the next two years and finally passed.

I wonder if anyone here will be like her?

superbird

HSC
LOL. Actually I reckon the people who will stuff up their HSC exam are the one's who overstudied and burned themselves out.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i was thinking about the whole sally=teacher, as apposed to doing the hsc again
i probably wont do the hsc again, caus i can start my course at tafe if i dont get in
but the whole teacher thing...in that sense, i hope to be like her (but primary, not high school though)

mattsta

hahaha
HSC
superbird said:
LOL. Actually I reckon the people who will stuff up their HSC exam are the one's who overstudied and burned themselves out.
That is very true. If you spend 20 minutes on a problem while studying, you should leave it until the next day.

Studies have found that the brain processes problems and information while you are sleeping. Sometimes its just best to sleep on your study problems because perhaps in the morning you will finally have an answer (or understanding).

8 hours sleep everyone (yep better said than done).

superbird

HSC
while we're on the topic its almost impossible to fail the HSC neways. I guess Sally was just really really dumb which i doubt.
LMAO at the Google Ads below advertising Caffeine Pills!

mattsta

hahaha
HSC
superbird said:
LMAO at the Google Ads below advertising Caffeine Pills!
It would have been to bad if I said something about extacy or some other party drug.

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
alby said:
i probably wont do the hsc again, caus i can start my course at tafe if i dont get in
but the whole teacher thing...in that sense, i hope to be like her (but primary, not high school though)
i also want to do primary teaching, i finished in 02 and didn't do all that well. now i can't get into teaching until mature age...

i actually considered doing my hsc again via correspondence but went to tafe instead. tafe sux!!! anyway waiting for mature age isn't so bad, especially as i've got a good job to see me through until then.

don't take the hsc too seriously, but don't defy against it like i did and think it's nothing, and then regret it.

mattsta

hahaha
HSC
tammer said:
i also want to do primary teaching, i finished in 02 and didn't do all that well. now i can't get into teaching until mature age...

i actually considered doing my hsc again via correspondence but went to tafe instead. tafe sux!!! anyway waiting for mature age isn't so bad, especially as i've got a good job to see me through until then.

don't take the hsc too seriously, but don't defy against it like i did and think it's nothing, and then regret it.
Getting in as mature age is not an automatic thing. You still compete against all the HSC students for a place, the only difference is the university uses other things to weigh you on.

Lots of people who dont do well in the HSC leave and do hardly anything, and get a nice slap in the face when they get rejected at 21.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
tammer said:

there's some childcare course at tafe that lets you do that & get into 2nd year of teaching..im probably going to do that caus i've basically stuffed my marks already...& i need about 80 to get into uow (which's basically the lowest)

lil_lainy

HSC
hey when i went to a uni open day and asked about mature aged...apparantly it dusnt exist anymore

u dont have to wait until ur 21, u only have to wait 1 yr, or more if ya want

but u become a "non-school leaver" when u apply for uni

and u send them like a letter of application which has ur uai, any courses u have dun in the meantime of relevance, experience with teaching (if ya wanna be a teacher), etc

last yr like 3 times as many ppl got into uni that were non-school leavers, than that were school leavers...at uts kurringaih that is but im sure otha unis were pretty much in the same state round abouts

Comrade nathan

HSC
My sleeping patterns are fucked up anyway, i stay awak till late. I take Ritalin and that keeps me awake but when it gets late at night i feel tired and cant concentrate so i dont study anyway.

lil_lainy

HSC
yeh my sleeps a lil fuckered at the mo..i cant sleep till after midnite, but im too tired to work..and then in the morn i dont wake till about 11...and i cant stop this viscious cycle!

concession

Respected Member
HSC
lil_lainy said:
yeh my sleeps a lil fuckered at the mo..i cant sleep till after midnite, but im too tired to work..and then in the morn i dont wake till about 11...and i cant stop this viscious cycle!
exactly the same

superbird said:
I guess Sally was just really really dumb which i doubt.
its a show, your the dumbass

mattsta said:
I wonder if anyone here will be like her?.
i wonder if anyone will be like that lesbian on neighbours

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
errr.. sally= fiction
us = non fiction
there is a difference

Comrade nathan

HSC
lil_lainy said:
I swear i fall asleep sometime after 2:30 to 3:00. I dont have a clock so im not sure. Its so fucking boring laying there.

rainonmay

floating around
HSC
My sleeping pattern is fucked too
its too hot to sleep early.. and too late to do work....

Melody

HSC
N/A
alby said:
That's what I thought too :)
I want to do secondary teaching, humanities but can't decide what two subjects specifically...
Lol, my principal even offered me a job but I am not so sure about that.... lol :D

PookieMonster

Got bored & left 30/01/05
HSC
mattsta said:
Does everyone remember Sally when she was doing her HSC (actually THREE times)?

She took caffeine pills to stay awake, studied 24/7 and looked as if she had depression. She then FAILED. She did the same thing the next two years and finally passed.

I wonder if anyone here will be like her?
ur so sad..................................................

mattsta

hahaha
HSC
lil_lainy said:
hey when i went to a uni open day and asked about mature aged...apparantly it dusnt exist anymore

u dont have to wait until ur 21, u only have to wait 1 yr, or more if ya want
You still have to compete against all the "school leavers". If you have nothing more than your old HSC results, then that will be weighed against the school leavers results.

People who dont get into university are best spending two years doing a TAFE Diploma and then applying at university as "mature age" or whatever you wanna call it. Not only will the university look at your DIPLOMA and old HSC marks, you will most likely gain credits toward your degree. Diploma's can cut 1.5 years off a degree.

lil_lainy

HSC
well obviously u have to do sumthing of relevance in the meantime ur not gonna be very well off if u just bum for a yr then apply again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)