• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

WHo works at Big W (1 Viewer)

stevedude56

HSC
Who works at Big W or another stall like it and does recovery (Big W people know what it is). If you do what is so bad about it? I work for them and everyone complains and bludges the entire time.

kalli

HSC
steve_odd_odd said:
Who works at Big W or another stall like it and does recovery (Big W people know what it is). If you do what is so bad about it? I work for them and everyone complains and bludges the entire time.

i used to do nightfill at big dub...

recovery (in my understanding) was tidying shelves, returning unwanted stock from registers etc, doing price checks...

correct me if im wrong someone!

stevedude56

HSC
yeah thats it. Everyone complains about it and i think i am the only person who actually does the right job. The other day i did kids clothing, nursery and was meant to do half of intimate apparal and ended up doing all of it as well as manchester and tables because everyone else bludged. This the night manager from apparal came and told me my shift finished 10 mins ago although she was happy as it was her department i was helping. I had to sign off take my scanner and mobile (because i worked in the day as well) back in bout 2 mins.

stevedude56

HSC
its better than checkouts though. some much repetition. I actually asked my manager to get moved to somewhere else in the store. I think i was the only person to ever do it. i reckon its heaps good cause u dont have a stupid supervisor who does nothing. I dont mind the managers because they arent as strict and they know i actually do the work so they done watch me.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I worked at Woolworths for four years, technically the same shit. Pay, hours & staff were shit.

stevedude56

HSC
Big W is pretty good. Pay is good, all staff except bout 2 people r good and the hours are good as i normally get 1 or 2 weeknights and both days on the weekend. Our school ways u should not work more than 5 hours a week. It is so stupid who works less than 5 hours a week. I am doing recovery again 2morrow night and hopefully i will not get apparal again. So much folding clothes and i suk at folding. I was told by the recovery staff who have been there for ages about which manager cares about what. Tuesday night we had a strict manager so i had to fold about 200 fairs of pants and shirts. BORING

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
steve_odd_odd said:
Big W is pretty good. Pay is good, all staff except bout 2 people r good and the hours are good as i normally get 1 or 2 weeknights and both days on the weekend. Our school ways u should not work more than 5 hours a week. It is so stupid who works less than 5 hours a week. I am doing recovery again 2morrow night and hopefully i will not get apparal again. So much folding clothes and i suk at folding. I was told by the recovery staff who have been there for ages about which manager cares about what. Tuesday night we had a strict manager so i had to fold about 200 fairs of pants and shirts. BORING
thats EXACTLY why people whinge about it - because its boring and the managers expect a better job done on the section than they could do themselves.. trust me i did it for almost a year and a half and it is ridiculous sometimes how much they expect you to get done in 3 hours. Fair enough that the store needs to be presentable to the customers, but sometimes recovery staff need to be thanked for the work they do. I once worked back for 6 hours doing apparel because dale (big big manager) was coming in the next morning and i didnt get a thanks out of anyone. Big W just doesnt respect their workers as much as i believe they should.. and recovery is shit

thats my 2 cents

stevedude56

HSC
i get praise most of the time. The night apparal manager actually came up to me the other day saying that i did a heaps good job on nursery and as for the time we had this was the first time that i actually needed the full 3 hours. I had done hardware/auto b4 and had about an hour and a half extra time so i ended up doing stat/confec instead.

wevil

fuck u dicks i have left
HSC
N/A
i applied for bigw 17 times online, they called me in to do the test 3 three weeks later i got a letter saying i wont be picked. i applied online & they never fucking called me. if they dont call you back then dont bother applying again. there dumb asses for not picking your for an interview

G

gigi_love

i work there, its a boring job and im leaving as soon as the hsc is over. recovery sucks...

HSC
lol, recovery....ahhh
well I worked at an IGA outlet (it was fairly big) and we always had at least 1 or 2 cashiers off register doing this thing you call 'recovery' we referred to it as 'dump stock' though. And the way I remember, people actually wanted to do it and most whinging was about being on register for their full shifts.

okies...there's my 2 cents

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
yay i applied for a job at bigw online a few weeks aga and i had an interview and stuff and they rang me today and congragulated me on my new job
so yeah i have my induction on monday and will be working casual in photo-lab
go me..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)