• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Whos Never Had A Job? (1 Viewer)

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
Whos Never Had A Job Just Curious Ive Applied A Few Times But I Cant Be Bothered While Skool Is On After Hsc Yeah Ill Apply Again...

get_born

Crestwood's_G said:
Whos Never Had A Job Just Curious Ive Applied A Few Times But I Cant Be Bothered While Skool Is On After Hsc Yeah Ill Apply Again...
*raises hand* ME!
ive applied so many times - and still nothing...Oh well! maybe after the hsc.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
If you want to apply for Christmas Casual employment, the best bet is to do it now to be guaranteed something to do at least temporarily after the HSC. Quite a few people who are employed as Christmas Casuals end up staying there permanently.
Apply for anything and anywhere, you cannot really be too selective about your first job.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I hadn't had a job at all when I did the HSC, but my parents own a restaurant so I always knew I could work there so it didn't really worry me.

You should put in the applications for Christmas casual now so that you can start work after the HSC.

And yeah, don't be too fussy for your first job, just take whatever you can get. It's heaps easier to find a job if you are already working somewhere, so get whatever you can and if you hate it, don't quit, but start applying at other places until you find something better.

laurel18

Keep smiling Ü
HSC
last_chance said:
*raises hand* ME!
ive applied so many times - and still nothing...Oh well! maybe after the hsc.
me too...i tried once...went around giving resumes to them...most of the staff were *_* (you're not going to take our jobs kind of look) but they took my resume anyway probably just to shoo me off...And after that...I gave up and never tried again...But i think i shall try after my hsc like last chance :)

William_Lawry

NSW Police
HSC
N/A
I Hate People Who Type In Capitals For The Start Of Every Word In Every Sentence

sarevok

HSC
heaps of people in high school have never had jobs :) iirc only about 35% of people work during hs

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
Taxable paid jobs? never. (private tutoring is da industry to be in!)

Volunteer jobs? plenty.

having said that. i think it just gets harder when u apply later since they expect more of older people..

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
I've had heaps of casual jobs
Dominos, Gloria Jeans, the cheesecake shop, a cafe and maccas

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i had a job up till this year, then i quit - management was crap, and parents wanted me to wait till after the hsc to get another job coz they said it took up too much of my time. *sighs* it's been ok, but i kinda want another job, coz job=money :p oh well only another year or so to go.

HSC
i've never had a job before. who's gonna employ someone without work experience dammit!

--yet again i haven't applied before, i'll have a look after the HSC.

laurel18

Keep smiling Ü
HSC
start off somewhere small...maybe like a pamphlet distributor or something or browse the career websites for careers that require "no experience" because some jobs they send you for training first...

anyway...good luck in finding one :p

klh

HSC
im still at uni and dont have a job! ive applied and worked at 2 shops as a sort of testing period but nobody took me on, 1 paid me and the other didnt....thre is plenty of work out there i know just finish your stuff before thinking about work unless you got alot of free time!

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I havent had a proper job, I just worked in the family business, but I finsih the HSC early so I am applying for Christmad Casual Postions in hope that I will either continue working there or the experience will help me get a job.

I applyied for Colesmyer but havent heard from them in over a month so i did online applications for:
*Diva
*Woolworths
*Jayjays
*Sanity
*Cotton on
*Valley girl
*Sports girl
and many others I cant even think of at the moment LOL...hopefully I'll get something

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
did you send covering letters with all those applications online?...cos sometimes they don't even look at them unless they have a covering letter... and keep applying to everywhere...
i know pizza hut call centres are always looking for people...telemarketing is also easy to get into...try juicebars...( that was my first job)...just apply and you'll get it..or ask ppl you know who work to put in a good word for you..i friend of mine did that and then another one got the job cos of the reference...GOOD LUCK!

pete_mate

HSC
wait so you apply now so you get it after the hsc ends?

does it take that long for the forms etc. to work, so that if you applied after the hsc you would have to wait ages?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
apply in shops as well because online ones might get lost

7th Sign

HSC
me man and I have made over 9000 from not working

I work on ebay for some cash

I have never had a real job like at kfc or any thing....

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
you're all such bludgers

sif it's hard to get a job. at least if you live in metropolitan sydney.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)