• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Why are men afraid of exploring their sexuality? (1 Viewer)

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Is it just me, or does it seem that generally girls are more willing and open to sexual experiences with members of the same sex, than males?

I dont understand why males think that anything to do with their bum, or that general vicinity, is gay and disgusting. What happens if you do like how it feels? Does it make them think that they must be gay/bi? I'm just curious because I have male friends from both sides: those who like it and accept that (and are completely straight), and those who are freaked out when their girl goes near that area.

While I've never had a sexual experience with another girl, and dont actively seek one out because I'm heterosexual and am in an extremely loving relationship, I wouldnt rule it out (if I was single). To me, the idea of being with another girl could be quite passionate, delicate and v. feminine. Because of this, I can understand how gay men view sex with their partner as something similar, and the same goes with heterosexual sex.

I'm really interested in peoples replies, but please make mature posts rather than "eww thats gross" posts that seem to take precedent with some BOS'ers out there.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I think for guys, even nowadays, the social stigma of being seen as gay, is a lot greater than it is for women, and the typical male ego is huge, and even the metro's want to be seen as manly, and so the bum region is off limits.

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
The reality is most gay guys dont engage in anal sex as much as you think and it is popular with straight couples in Catholic countries like Brazil so that it wont tear their hymen so they can be virgin brides.

deano059

HSC
heaps of straight people do anal.......however, alot of gay guys dont do anal cuz it hurts them, they do alternate stuff and that

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
hm interesting..its actually against my religon to do anal
you can do anything else but have anal sex..

relating to the topic
i read once that some guys are really scared of anal sex
its not something that they can easily do..or something like that

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
ihavenothing said:
The reality is most gay guys dont engage in anal sex as much as you think
I'm aware of that, but I'm not referring to just sex (although I can see how it seems that way). Just general kissing and cuddling etc to me is all apart of having sex to some degree; its intimacy. I've had gay guys I know tell me that they only like giving anal, not receiving... hence the inclusion of kissing, petting etc.

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
soha said:
hm interesting..its actually against my religon to do anal
you can do anything else but have anal sex..

relating to the topic
i read once that some guys are really scared of anal sex
its not something that they can easily do..or something like that
Esp when ur young it is REALLY tight and u have to use a butt plug to be able to loosen it, thats y i wouldnt reccomend getting anal until uve had a bit of experience.

pinkblinkbarbie

seduce me
HSC
my boyfriend and i were talking about this the other day. i dont remember why, but he said i have to be acreful about leaving him and his male ski race partner alone together. and i said, i dont care, go experience it, it wont phase me, since ive been with my best girl friend. and he was like hell no, i shit out of my arse and itd feel like doing a shit, how fucking grosse....but then was later telling me how good anal is with a chick. wtf? really it makes no sense...well sort of. but its true, guys dont experiment and are pretty phobic about it all

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
MaryJane said:
Is it just me, or does it seem that generally girls are more willing and open to sexual experiences with members of the same sex, than males?

I dont understand why males think that anything to do with their bum, or that general vicinity, is gay and disgusting. What happens if you do like how it feels? Does it make them think that they must be gay/bi? I'm just curious because I have male friends from both sides: those who like it and accept that (and are completely straight), and those who are freaked out when their girl goes near that area.

I'm really interested in peoples replies, but please make mature posts rather than "eww thats gross" posts that seem to take precedent with some BOS'ers out there.
Because they're men, simple as that. Women are designed to nurture and be more emotional. Sometimes that leads to exploring those emotions with a member of the same sex.

Men are not encouraged to share their deep feelings with each other, nor are they really designed to, and therefore unless they're homosexual they are not likely to pash one another

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
one of my male friends put it this way: he said that girls/women are naturally beautiful, sensual creatures and when two girls get together thats fine because they are much more gentle, caring and open with emotion than guys.
but guys have to keep up macho appearances which is why they're not good at expressing physical emotion to the same sex, and sometimes the opposite sex too- they just think that they should be strong and most of the time, emotionless, so its hard for guys to express that kind of physical intimacy without being considered inferior by others of their sex.

Malazn Pleasure

External Auditor
HSC
MaryJane said:

I dont understand
ur not a guy so u never will understand

D

ddm

llamalope said:
Because they're men, simple as that. Women are designed to nurture and be more emotional. Sometimes that leads to exploring those emotions with a member of the same sex.

Men are not encouraged to share their deep feelings with each other, nor are they really designed to, and therefore unless they're homosexual they are not likely to pash one another
True. Perhaps is has something to do with base animal instincts? You take some mice; male mice fight agressviley whereas females are calmer and tend to "play".
We humans are really complex though, -sighh- the superior species?

But really, It is only 'wrong' for guys because society tells them that. Lots of guys throughout history were bi. Alexander the Great? (Even though the movie may exageratte or cut shit out.) Even animals some animals have been noted to be "gay". Male rams especially so, research showed some rams had different thinking or something?

Maybe as society changes and we become less conservative and change every few years the rule for sexuality and love will be;
"If it feels good, do it?"

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
haha, why is it so hard to accept the answer that a male has no interest with another male? There is simply no attraction at all.

You're really making a complex issue out of nothing I feel.

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
Malazn Pleasure said:
ur not a guy so u never will understand
So explain, cos I'm a guy and I was actually musing the same thing, recently. Try and verbalise it; in the end it's ego and pride. What's wrong with anything 'taboo' like this?

And from there, what experience is your opinion based on? Having an anti-anal opinion's fine, but work out why you feel that way. Or, are you just grossed out by it, because society says it should?

...oh I have the best call about sheep....

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
I think a lot of guys are pretty scared because most guys have real insecurities about their sexual ability and limits. To really explore sex, you really need to be totally happy with your body and willing. That said, Ive done a lot of exploration. With my last girlfriend we tried everything we were remotely curious in and some things we werent, lol. Most of things we tried didnt do anything for us, but we learnt a lot about ourselves.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Malazn Pleasure said:
yeah maryjane so wat do u hv to say for urself?????
Hmm... well I'm not really sure what you're interested in hearing me say. I've stated my opinion at the beginning of the thread. Skittled raised an interesting point that I had not thought about: why are guys afraid of such an erogenous zone? are they just afraid that if it feels good they must by gay? It's terrible that such stereotypes stop people from exploring their environment. But, I can understand their hesitancy in breaking these 'norms'.

I'm now interested to know why guys decide not to explore other parts of their body. Of course their dick is going to be the first port of call, but surely their hands may wander off further down south...

...it might be just what they need :uhhuh:

Either way, I thank everyone for their replies! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)