Why did you pick ANU? (1 Viewer)

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
No personal conversation - just turned into that cos we were on at the same time :)

I would love to go to Oxford, I have a lot of family in the UK also.

I'm at least 10 points/marks/ranks/whatever it's called over the B. Arts UAI last year - so unless it goes up a hell of a lot, I hope I'm in!!

I've heard stuff about Fyshwick and it's um.. prostitution or whatever happens there :eek:

Good luck Ribbon, hope it all goes your way!! :)

strawberry

yeah!!

i told my friend i wanna go to ANU to do commerce and they said i was crazy...

I have really competitive friends and some of them think I got such a low UAI that I cant get into USYD...

my UAI wasn't actually that bad..but I didn't get into commerce but could have done eco at syd (i dont wanna get a degree in eco!!)

so dat's my story

I also wanna get away from parents...to much pressure!!

so yeah..now ppl think i am crazy

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
My Nan just had a "discussion" with her friend about how slack my family apparently is because they are sending me away and not looking after me etc etc etc. I wish people would stop thinking my family is slack etc etc etc. Grrr! :mad:

Edit: I just heard her mutter under her breath about this woman talking from her arse and being a nut head lol. My Nan is cool :)

Last edited:

Bolkonski

Brother Angry Dave
HSC
good old english. history. sigh... people think im really boring for liking these. they are right.

anu is cool. and its away from this hole (bathurst). that is why:)

Ribbon

lol bolkonski... funny how country people are like 'woo hoo, canberra, big step up' and the city people are getting bagged out by thier friends for choosing it.

Honestly though, only aus uni to make world top 50, and you can live within 15mins drive without paying $500 a week rent, why would you pick usyd over anu?

and blah... LMFAO about your nan!

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
Originally posted by Ms 12
Nope, as my majors in Arts I wanna do Political Science and Sociology (have you met Alastair, the Sociology Dean, he's usually at the Darling Harbour things? He's really nice and makes it sound great!) and for minors Im gunna do some linguistics and history.
My sister is 4th year arts law at ANU and she has told me about this lecturer she said that her class called him Ali G (his last name starts with G)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Hehe I have his card somewhere, don't know his last name but thats probably him!

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Haha and they don't let you forget it, ive got like 6 of those 'top 8' brochures.....most of them are in NSW, we have the best unis by far.

smegger_em

Clever Cookie
Melbourne, or as it shoulda, could, woulda been ca
HSC
Originally posted by evilc
My sister is 4th year arts law at ANU and she has told me about this lecturer she said that her class called him Ali G (his last name starts with G)
My English lecturer/tutor last semester was named Jacqueline Lo, and it wasn't till i was handing in an assignment and i had to write her name on it that i figured out she was J.Lo. Made me giggle. So come to ANU, home of people with kinda famous sounding names!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)