• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Why Podiatry? (1 Viewer)

kaifreame

HSC
N/A
Hey guys I am an incoming freshman. I am so excited about beginning school and taking the steps to becoming a podiatric physician. I know what my personal reasons are for wanting to become a DPM, but I am curious about finding out what other people's reasons may be. Hopefully I will get some feedback on this thread and find out why everyone else thinks this is a great career. Thanks!

Reactions: Oer

Oer

Started from the fundus
HSC
Hey guys I am an incoming freshman. I am so excited about beginning school and taking the steps to becoming a podiatric physician. I know what my personal reasons are for wanting to become a DPM, but I am curious about finding out what other people's reasons may be. Hopefully I will get some feedback on this thread and find out why everyone else thinks this is a great career. Thanks!
Hey, just wanted to say given that podiatry is a pretty niche field, no guarantees that any current students will swing by this thread. (Could be wrong though).

That being said, awesome that you're excited to start and are keen to hear people's stories! I'm sure you'll hear plenty of stories at uni one way or another. Which uni will you be at?

It's definitely an awesome and interesting field, and I hope you enjoy it. I was doing a class at hospital one day and a lovely old lady came by saying she was looking for podiatry had forgotten where they were. So I walked her there before going and rejoining my class, and I remember thinking great it is that we have so many fields like Podiatry that are helping to improve the quality of life of patients. It's not the first one that you would think of, but important nonetheless.

Care to share your own motivations?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)