WHY would anyone want to pursue their career in the hospitality industry (1 Viewer)

v sia

HSC
Okay , im doing work placement at the moment and i'd just like to say this.

- Its bloody hot behind the grill , yes i know you need immense heat to cook umm MEAT , but its like a constant 30-40 degrees environment

- The working hours is horrible , i asked most of the workers how they liked the hospitality industry and their main reply is " If you don't want to go out often or have a social life , hospitality is the way to go "

- Pay is terrible that is if your at the bottom and middle . Real bad , a 2nd year 18 year old apprentice is getting 7.20 an hour !

- Customers are bitchy

- No room for mistakes !

Overall its way too tireing and theirs a big chance that you'd get rostered on public holidays and weekends , imagine working on christmas day or new years eve , ahhh not worth it

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
you earn A SHITLOAD, as long as u have the right qualifications and are doing the right job in the industry...
For other people it's probably the best job they can get with their qualifications.

PookieMonster

Got bored & left 30/01/05
HSC
oh no reason

last weekend i got tipped 50 bucks from a 120 dollar bill.

thats my tip.

oh no reason....

be tough...

anyway oh and u meet famous people and gain really good contacts to other industries... so reason cant think of any...

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
With any job, you have to work your way up from the bottom.

You get to travel.

You get to meet a lot of interesting people.

If you get into a new job, your not going to be rich straight away. You have to work your way up and get promotions etc.

Plus, your job shouldn't be about how much money you earn. It should be based on weather or not you like the work.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
where do you work, pooks?
and hospitality is generally a pretty good job for uni students as you generally work at night, after uni

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
I have a friend who is a chef and after yrs of working at the bottom, she now in a high class restaurant in London. She's got to meet all kinds of celebrities and she recieves really good tips. It really isn't that bad, as long as you've the heart and patience to do it.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
v sia said:

- Its bloody hot behind the grill , yes i know you need immense heat to cook umm MEAT , but its like a constant 30-40 degrees environment

- The working hours is horrible , i asked most of the workers how they liked the hospitality industry and their main reply is " If you don't want to go out often or have a social life , hospitality is the way to go "

- Pay is terrible that is if your at the bottom and middle . Real bad , a 2nd year 18 year old apprentice is getting 7.20 an hour !

- Customers are bitchy

- No room for mistakes !

Overall its way too tireing and theirs a big chance that you'd get rostered on public holidays and weekends , imagine working on christmas day or new years eve , ahhh not worth it
lol - somebody needs to quit maccas and find a REAL job in the hospitality industry! :p

thanks hamo

HSC
if you can't handle the heat- get out of the kitchen.
I did hospitality last year, and the chefs I worked with love their job. They see it as an art work, a creative outlet. They are inspired by their and others ability to make something spectacular, taste wise and visually, out of raw materials, and the sadisfaction they see in their customers building an awsome reputation for their establishment.
There is no room for mistakes, which makes it a challenge.

JohnD

HSC
Fuck You Cunt
Noone Wanna Hear You Complain
Just Your Cause Your A Fag Who Couldnt Find A Decent
Hospitality Job Dosnt Make Your Opinion So Right !
Cock Sucking Is Not A Hospitality Job!
Your Prositutes Dont Like The Pay No Shit
They Fucking Anything So They Can Get Pay Just Like You
So Fuck You Asswipe Fucker

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
v sia said:
I'm.
Missed a couple of full stops there buddy.
- The working hours is horrible
Kinda like your spelling and grammar, eh?
I'm pretty sure that's illegal.
- Customers are bitchy
From the looks of it, so are you.
- No room for mistakes !
As opposed to when you're dealing with shares, building bridges, or operating on patients?
Tiring.

If you wish to construct a valid argument, at least fix your spelling and grammar first dickweed.:)

S

Sir Surfalot

I did Hospitality last year and this year and its a good fun course, iv'e worked in various industries and with my little experience Hospitalty is the easist to get a job in the pay is good especially if you know the right people.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
fag v_sai said:
Fuck You Cunt
lmao, that's so fucking random it's hillarious

jissie

Me
HSC
fag v_sai said:
Fuck You Cunt
Very random. very funny....

about the working the hospitality industy- i love it, i get good pay and lots of tips....its not that bad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)