Wilfred Owen speech (1 Viewer)

lilchezza

HSC
I have a assessment speech on monday on Wilfred Owen, the question is;

"composers have the power to engage the interest of their readers. How does your composer achieve this?"

I have chosen to do Futility and Anthem for Doomed Youth, would i basically just have to do the what and how stuff?

Also in the intro should I give a brief background on Wilfred Owen and just comment on the general themes of his poems?

invazn

HSC
I'm Guessing you go to WCCS? Well anyways...heres what i wrote for my intro:

Wilfred Owen was a 20th century English poet who fought in World War I and died just one week before the war had ended at the age of 25. But even long after his death, his poetry has still lived on in the minds of those he helped. Poems such as the send-off and Anthem for Doomed Youth portray the devastating amounts of deaths that happened on the Warfield, the government’s unfair tactics towards its citizens and the psychological impacts that soldiers endured after coming back from war. These are the key features that prove the purpose of his poems. Owen himself, said that he wrote poems not because of the heroes, the glory, the dominion or the power but it was to show the dark reality of war and the pity of it. In ‘the Anthem for Doomed Youth’ and ‘the Send-Off’ Owen reveals a side of the war that the government had tried covering up with mass media productions of propaganda.

*its not that good but I'm pretty sure you can improve on it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)