Will my year 12 marks be looked at when applying to early offers??? (1 Viewer)

band4hahah

HSC
The school I go to has a compressed curriculum, where basically I do year 11 and 12 (including HSC) in one year, but only for 3 subjects. My remaining other 3 subjects, will be completed this year.

Consequently, I have already received my hsc marks for the 3 subjects done last year. I performed ok, and got band 5’s for all 3 of them.
I Just wanna know, if the universities will look at those 3 subjects and the HSC marks I received for them, since they are up on NESA‘s website and consider it with my prelim marks for an early offer before my actual ATAR releases…

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
As long as you are eligible, the way through which you complete your HSC is not relevant. Instead, receiving early offers depends on meeting specified criteria for all students. This means that you and students who have completed the HSC in the traditional way will be assessed in the same manner for early entry schemes.

Typically, the main factors that are relevant regarding early entry schemes are:
  • Year 11 and/or year 12 results
  • Specific criteria relevant to early entry schemes, some of which may be unique to individual schemes.
Essentially, early entry schemes that consider year 11 and year 12 results are different in terms of the results that they consider. For example, there are early entry schemes that consider only year 11 results, including:
  • UTS Early Entry Program
  • UNSW Gateway Admission Pathway
  • MQ Leaders and Achievers Early Entry Scheme
On the other hand, WSU's HSC True Reward Early Offer Program considers both year 11 and year 12 results. Overall, a university will only consider year 11 and/or year 12 results if they are relevant. In such a case, only WSU would consider your HSC results when making early offers.

To answer your question, yes, despite the fact that you completed 3 subjects last year, your results in those subjects will still be considered for early entry schemes, provided they are relevant (i.e. depending on the specific early entry scheme). This is similar to students who accelerate one or more subjects, that is, their results in the accelerated subject(s) will still be considered for early entry schemes, as long as they are relevant.

I hope this helps! 😀

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)