wishing to do bpsych. (1 Viewer)

Lynns

HSC
hey peeps, i was just um wondering whether i could do bpsych with my results now. i wanna get into unsw/usyd but they need like. 98 or something so i kinda gave up on that. probably macquarie is alright cos its 94ATAR ?

my subjects now are:
English standard (48/132)
2u Maths rank (3/53)
Community Family studies (2/18)
Pd (rank 2/26)
Biology (rank 5/41)

im not sure if i try to improve from this time onwards..
if i can still achieve 94 or anything.
im going to apply for an education scheme or whatever for youth allowance that boosts my score up by 4 but im not sure if i might get it cos many apply.
there is an option of doing bscience, majoring in psych, but i really wanna do bpsych cos ive always thought of it as a career since like 3 years ago. and i dont wanna learn anything else besides psych. i love it and im not having any other career choices so yeah. anyway, please help !

thankyou all ! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

spence

HSC
BPsych and BSci majoring in psych are essentially the same. In either course, you'll have to do some non-psych subjects, and you can become a psychologist through either course

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
The EAS scheme offers extremely limited leeway at USyd for BPsych. This year it was about 0.65 points less for EAS entrants. I'm not sure what it's like at either MQ or UNSW. The BSci. and BA with a major in Psychology are around the mid-eighties. You should do that if you want to attend USyd and just transfer into the Honours year at the end of your 3 year degree.

You're very disadvantaged to get a 95+ ATAR because of your Standard English selection. I'd also assume that you've lost a fairly significant chunk of your internal marks from having a (relatively) low rank in it as well. Your best option, if you don't care about which uni, is doing your best and getting into MQ. The 2010 ATAR for BPsych was 93.70, whilst Sydney's was 97~.

Good luck.

Lynns

HSC
thankyou for the helpp.
yeah i regret picking english standard. MAJOR disadvantage for me. i'd regret it for life. im only applying usyd unsw and macquarie.
i was thinking if i could get into bpsych macquarie with 93.5 then maybe transferring the next year into bpsych at another uni? like probs unsw/usyd? is that possible?

and hm, about the majoring in BA or Bsci, would i be able to transfer into a bpsych course after i finish my majoring or 1st year learning psych?

thankyou again. :shy:

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
I'd presume that's possible. I wouldn't see why it wouldn't be. The only issue is that the differing universities might have different marks needed for the Honours year. For example, to do the Honours year at UNSW you need to maintain a 70%+ average over the core Psych topics in your degree. Just make sure you have a high level of success at I'd say you would be able to transfer.

Could always get into the UWS BPsych with an ATAR of 82 then transfer.

Lynns

HSC
hmm okays. i'll just try and get into a bpsych course at one uni, then transfer after first year? It'll be really hard to transfer isn't it? gotta do some hard test.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)