• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

withdraw fail recorded on GPA? (1 Viewer)

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
i meant as in withdrawn the course after census date (ie. withdrawn fail)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
noneother said:
i meant as in withdrawn the course after census date (ie. withdrawn fail)
I think it doesn't matter how you get your fail [whether due to withdrawal or poor marks] , it'll always have the same effect on your grades.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Check with your uni.

I know that at my uni, after the census date, there is financial penalty, but you can withdraw without academic penalty right up until the exams.

X

xeuyrawp

blue_chameleon said:
Check with your uni.

I know that at my uni, after the census date, there is financial penalty, but you can withdraw without academic penalty right up until the exams.
Yes, that's correct at Macquarie, too. I don't know if it happens in every uni, or if it's just ours.

At Macquarie and UNCLE: If you withdraw before academic census, you have no record whatsoever of withdrawing.

If you withdraw after the census, but before the financial commitment date (29th April @ Macq.), you get a W(ithdrawal without penalty) mark.

This W is on your transcript, but it does not officially harm your GPA, internal or otherwise. I'd double check with your uni, though.

However, if you withdraw after the financial commitment date, you get a WF, a withdrawal failure. Basically, it has the same affect as a failure.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
With USyd there is a period after census date where withdrawing will result in financial penalty (ie you still pay for the course) but does not affect your transcript.

X

xeuyrawp

Templar said:
With USyd there is a period after census date where withdrawing will result in financial penalty (ie you still pay for the course) but does not affect your transcript.
Isn't it recorded on your transcript, like everywhere else?

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Yeah, but I meant it had no academic penalties.

I have so many withdrawns from last year.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
What date is that? If it hasn't already passed (which I suspect it would have) I'll drop something.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
The last day to discontinue without failure (just financial penalty) was 28th April.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)