Withholding UAI Results (1 Viewer)

equiski

HSC
From what I gather, in a few weeks time UAC will release the UAI results to the general public. Each year, one of the Sydney papers include a section listing each student's UAI in very fine print. I was wondering if there was anyway I could prevent UAC from releasing my score to the press. I just have grandparents which would judge someone's worth on how well they do in the HSC, so i would like for them not to know no matter how well i go (i haven't checked my results yet). I hope that made sense.

Cheers.

cameron0110

HSC
They release university offers in a few weeks time but they aren't allowed to release UAIs (at least thats my understanding of it). I haven't heard about this release of UAIs but from my understanding the papers don't even have access to that information let alone permission to print it, I mean even the schools don't find out your UAI (unless you tell them) so I don't think you have a lot to worry about unless I'm wrong.

Lainee

HSC
Nope, cameron0110 is right, no one will find out about your UAI except you - unless you give it to other people. And yes, not even your school finds out about your UAI.

So be rest assured, your grandparents will never find out your UAI unless you tell them. ;)

equiski

HSC
Awesome, thanks for the definative answer. I had mum telling me that the Telegraph prints out the whole list; maybe she just wanted to convince me to tell her my result.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Anyone who receives an offer will have their student number published on the telegraph though.

But it really isn't invading privacy unless you told the whole state what your student number is.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
If it became available to the hands of the public, I would seriously make a complaint.

But yeah, they dont have that info.

!! CaR`JiE !!

cäяяoт ^^'
HSC
lol they only shows pplz names,school on the sydney papers who got 90+ in their subject(s), not the actually uai mark

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)