• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Won't let me overload :'( (1 Viewer)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Hi Wen,
Unfortunately I am unable to approve your application to overload at this time. Part of the rules and procedures relating to overloads state that you must have completed 48uoc at UNSW. Please refer to the attached form which states the policy of the Law School.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any further
questions.

Kind regards,

Brooke Rogers
Student Services Officer
Faculty of Law
The University of New South Wales
UNSW Sydney NSW 2052, Australia

-----------------------------

To: Brooke Rogers
Subject: Re: Overload

Dear Brooke,
Thanks for your timely reply to my application.

However, as I stated my overloading situation in a phone conversation with a member of the Law Office staff last week (I don't know if it was with yourself, but I was transferred to the relevant person); I said during that conversation that the rule and policy of the 48cp requirement is, I believe, to ensure recent school leavers (ie first years students) from overloading in their two semesters at university.

I reiterated that I have spent a year and a half at tertiary
institutions and I feel that, having done a total of 71cp to date (44cp at UTS), I
am academically-capable of overloading.

The person whom I was speaking with at the time did not seem to protest when I raised the issue.

In the alternative, I submit that the accreditation of 27cp of my UTS studies *ought* to amount to a completion of 27cp "at UNSW", and therefore, the total number of units in accredited subjects and completed subjects would total 54cp.

I hope you will reconsider my application, taking into consideration my time spent at UTS and the total credit points accumulated thus far, as I feel it would be unreasonable to apply the 48cp rule to my situation.

Kind regards,
Wen

-------------------------------

Hi Wen,

I am not sure who you were talking to at the counter last week.
Unfortunately I was away during the week so I am not aware who you spoke
to.

I have forwarded your application to the Manager of Student Admin (Law)
for review along with the email you sent me this morning. Like you I am
constrained by the rules and procedures put in place by the Faculty of
Law and can not approve your application. I will contact you once I
hear from the Manager.

Kind regards,

Brooke Rogers
Student Services Officer
Faculty of Law
The University of New South Wales
UNSW Sydney NSW 2052, Australia
fight the bureaucracy with the purposive approach!! :(

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Sarah said:
How come you want to overload?
coz i'm ambitious to the point of crazy. and because i'm behind due to my transfer. :)

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
I thought it was only tight-arse commerce who won't let you overload. Apparently not.

Sarah

HSC
N/A
Frigid said:
coz i'm ambitious to the point of crazy. and because i'm behind due to my transfer. :)
hahaha. Well have u tried overloading for your commerce subjects? (i think u do comm/law). Becuase i've been hearing on these forums that some ppl overload in their commerce degree.

How far behind are you?

Last edited:

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Sarah said:
hahaha. Well have u tried overloading for your commerce subjects? (i think u do comm/law). Becuase i've been hearing on these forums that some ppl overload in their commerce degree.

How far behind are you?
my 'home' faculty is Law, therefore an application to FCE would be ineffective. i am overloading a commerce subject FINS1613 (but either way, you can say i'm doing an extra law subject). i'm not following the standard Commerce/Law program.

i'm behind a few commerce courses, since i had to complete QMA, Macro and Accting1b this semester. so i am behind by 3 or 4 subjects (including Torts).

Sarah

HSC
N/A
Frigid said:
my 'home' faculty is Law, therefore an application to FCE would be ineffective. i am overloading a commerce subject FINS1613 (but either way, you can say i'm doing an extra law subject). i'm not following the standard Commerce/Law program.

i'm behind a few commerce courses, since i had to complete QMA, Macro and Accting1b this semester. so i am behind by 3 or 4 subjects (including Torts).
Well if you're behind 3 or 4 subjects, just do uni part time in your final year and get some work experience. Or you could graduate mid year and then work

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Sarah said:
Well if you're behind 3 or 4 subjects, just do uni part time in your final year and get some work experience. Or you could graduate mid year and then work
i'm trying to overload every sem and finish the degree one semester earlier and then do my PLT at UTS in the second semester of the final year. :p

Sarah

HSC
N/A
Frigid said:
i'm trying to overload every sem and finish the degree one semester earlier and then do my PLT at UTS in the second semester of the final year. :p
Overload every sem? hehe, yep u are ambitious!

Well have u considered summer school?

I'm behind in my degree as well (i don't do law) but i'd rather avoid the stress of overloading and graduate mid-yr

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Sarah said:
Well have u considered summer school?

I'm behind in my degree as well (i don't do law) but i'd rather avoid the stress of overloading and graduate mid-yr
yeap, doing a legal ethics course in summer.. me wanna stress stress and do well!

btw, OT, but i just saw minai and gf on king st - i'm working and he's bludging :p

santaslayer

HSC
WTF Wen you frigid....

aren't you doing like....4 law subjects this semester???????

Like...OMFG!!!...LoLz :p

Sarah

HSC
N/A
Frigid said:
yeap, doing a legal ethics course in summer.. me wanna stress stress and do well!

btw, OT, but i just saw minai and gf on king st - i'm working and he's bludging :p
OT? (is that other things?)

Are u referring to me?

Frigid do I know you?? :confused:

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Sarah said:
Are u referring to me?

you're not minai's gf are u?
santaslayer said:
WTF Wen you frigid....

aren't you doing like....4 law subjects this semester???????

Like...OMFG!!!...LoLz :p
4 is not enough! more more! please suh, can i have some more?

Sarah

HSC
N/A
Frigid said:
you're not minai's gf are u?4 is not enough! more more! please suh, can i have some more?
ROFL, hehehe no i'm not!

Edit: Sorry last post wasn't clear. I know Minai and was surprised you mentioned his name. That's why i thought you might know or have seen me around at uni.

Last edited:

santaslayer

HSC
Sarah said:
OT? (is that other things?)

Are u referring to me?

Off Topic??

Anyway...I nearly died of three law subs last semester...u crazy frigid. :p

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
santaslayer said:
Anyway...I nearly died of three law subs last semester...u crazy frigid. :p
i just wanna find out the hard way what my "terminal load before failing" is. it's good to find one's potential :)

X

xeuyrawp

Frigid said:
I'm soooo not trying to be patronising, but is overloading the right thing to do anyway?

Wouldn't you prefer to be a semester or two behind but with better marks to show for it?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
bearpooh said:
Arent you going to be screwed long-term if you end up with a low GPA ?
and how can you predict that i will end up with a low GPA?

i mean, if you yourself are capable of a 80 WAM, an LLM at USyd and maybe a BCL at Oxford, i fink i'll be able to do a 75 or so... :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)