Word Limit (1 Viewer)

PRODIGAL

HSC
Just putting it up there as to whether everyone thinks its better to get as close to the word limit (which in poetry is app. 3500 words + reflection statement) as possible - even though it may mean sacrificing the highest quality of work... or say hand in a work that is around 2500-3000 words in size, but maintains the quality that you have worked so hard at. I know that before i started i thought that 3500 words in poetry would be easy to reach.. but now further along the track i can't see myself reaching the word limit and maintaining the quality of my initial poems.
xoxoxo

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
My major work ended up being a grand total of 2798 words, quite a bit below the word limit and well as far as I can see I wasnt penalised (got 50 for it). Its perfectly acceptable to be below the word limit, you should never ever just put in padding to reach the limit. Its quality not quantity. However, that being said you do need a sizable number of words to show that this is something you've been working on and growing for a year!

PRODIGAL

HSC
phew that good to know.. my teacher is pretty much in the frame of mind that if you can't reach the 3500 words then its not substantial enough to get 50! But it's not like the markers can judge exactly how many words you have anyway.. only an approximation. Just curious though... how many poems did you end up submitting, like..average word limit for each one

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)