Work Experience (1 Viewer)

AmazingnessMan

HSC
Hey all :wave:

Does anyone know if it's possible to do work experience in year 11/12 or was year 10 my only chance?

Thanks

umop 3pisdn

Banned
HSC
I did it

It was a bit of a battle to get the school to let me though.

undalay

HSC
I was in the careers advisors room and he asked me if i was here for work experience. I told him i was in yr 11 and that meant i couldn't do it right. And he's like 'Why not?'

ALLLICE

HSC
we HAD to do it in yr 11 as well as yr 10

HSC
N/A
Haha I just immediately thought 'go do it outside of school' because I was thinking how the observatory lets you do it at night. Not everyone wants to go there though... so speak to careers advisor if you're really interested.

ALLLICE

HSC
u could always just do it in the holidays if ur really enthusiastic about the whole work exp. thing

cccclaire

HSC
ew i hated work experience, I don't know why anyone would spend their holidays doing it!

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
vulgarfraction said:
Haha I just immediately thought 'go do it outside of school' because I was thinking how the observatory lets you do it at night. Not everyone wants to go there though... so speak to careers advisor if you're really interested.
oh i seriously enjoyed it ! i felt the observatory was so worth it. =]

HSC
OP, its possible to do work experience outside of year 11 and 12, but insurance may be a concern, as a lot of work places will ask for the paperwork to cover their asses in case you get hurt or something during work placement. The school only covers you (at least mine did) for the one time. But obviously you can try do it through a friend or parents or something who wouldn't care for any of that paperwork, which is your best. It's probably best to ask the school though and prospective employers.

simplistic

nice as ice
HSC
it doesnt make a diference when you go out for work experience.. im in yr 12 and considering it .. althougth it just depends if your able to balance your time.

cs01001

HSC
We were able to do it during Year 10, very few bothered as my school banned us from doing it during the term and after the SC, because they organized some activities for us. But serisouly, why would you bother to do it during your own holidays anyway.

I suppose you can still do it during the holidays. Ask around!

T

trolloutaface

AmazingnessMan said:
Hey all :wave:

Does anyone know if it's possible to do work experience in year 11/12 or was year 10 my only chance?

Thanks
you can do work experience for Business Services (if u do that subject) ;)

AmazingnessMan

HSC
Cheers guys! It looks like ill be having a talk with the careers advisor when school goes back.

Fingers crossed i can go somewhere related to medicine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)