• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Work wont pay me... What should i do? (1 Viewer)

VLTURBO

HSC
Ive been working for the last year at the same place and we get paid every fortnight. However a while ago i was not payed even tho i worked shifts. i told the store manager a few times but he still hasnt done anything about it and its nearly been two months. What should i do?

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Try and speak to a higher manager then. I mean, you have a right to get paid! Speak directly to HR department people if you can as well. If all that fails, then go complain about the company because you have a right to.

HSC
Keep nagging constantly, my work owed me $600 at least after a month and they finally paid me, but I kept track of my hours and they only paid me $400, I nagged constantly and got another $500 :D (i didnt even know about the extra hours worked entitled me to more $!)

julius

Banned
HSC
Get the Dept of Industrial Relations on to them. Or any govt. organisation who will handle your issue.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
You Have two main options which depend on whether you are employed legally or not, I will present them as plans A and B respectively. Each step of the plan is an oppurtunity for your employer to pay you if they do then obviously the plan may be discontinued as it has been succesful.

A)
1. Dig up any evidence that you did actually work, ask in person to be paid.
2. If this fails however there is an active union presence in the workplace contact the union rep. If not contact the relevant union directly and ask for assistance, you will likley be suprised at how willing they are to help.
3. Contact a lawyer, obtain signed affidivats from your collegues indicating that you did work.
4. Write a letter yourself to your employer asking politely to be paid (attatch affidivats but do not mention that you have a lawyer).
5. Instruct your lawyer to write to your employer asking for your pay and threaten legal action if you are not paid.
6. Sue them for your lost wages, interest that you would have gained on them, your legal fees, a sum to compensate you for your time spent trying to be paid (eg your hourly rate at work multiplied by however many hours you worked on getting paid), any other expenses you can think of.

B - If you were employed cash-in-hand
1. Dig up any evidence that you did actually work, ask in person to be paid.
2. Threaten to contact local media eg local paper and community radio.
2. Contact the ATO and dob in your employer, to make sure you still get paid make the point that you were employed as a contractor and as you presumably have earned less than $6K in the last year do not need to apply for an ABN.
3. Join a Bikie gang and extort the wages from your employer then firebomb your employer anyway.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
The legal work involved would not cost that much - more likely less than 200 as it could be done by a paralegal. And remember I'm not talking about hiring a top sydney law firm, the local solicitor is more than capable and I think you could him to do it for not much at all. Also if you even know someone doing law then prevail upon thei services.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)