• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Working for a retail bank (1 Viewer)

jtee

HSC
I've been reading the threads on this forum and it seems alot of people like investment banks. Is anyone here interested in working for a retail bank (CBA, ANZ etc). Does anyone know how they compare to an IB in terms of working hours, salary etc?

Last edited:

turtleface

HSC
um...not sure if I'm wrong but I though Investment banks like JP Morgan and Citigroup and Macquarie Equities are like, divisions of banks that have retail divisions too. Like theres JP Morgan Chase, Macquarie Bank and Citi

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
I've heard they have similar depts, e.g. trading floors and corp-fi areas. Less intense apparently, less hours, but also lower salary.

However, I've been told you still get a good exposure to the same type of material... like I said in the other thread, it might depend on what your mindset is to see if working in corp-fi in an investmentbank suits you. I get the feeling you really need the right attitude and passion to survive in any intense area... if you loathe your work, chances are you're going to age pretty quickly in an IB.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)