working too hard (1 Viewer)

IceOnFire

HSC
the pospinator said:
reading, writing and reviewing notes,
completing practice questions
past papers - possibly the best way to study
Current method of studying: ASSESSMENTS.

Soul Searcher

HSC
5 hours study a night from 4pm onwards isn't that bad. Solid mind set is what you all need.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
make sure you study according to the subjects you do, too - you don't necessarily have to allocate equal amounts of time to each subject because some will require different amounts/types of study. E.g. if you're doing 4u maths unless you're freakishly intelligent i would assume that a lot of your study time will go into that above other subjects.

Beege

HSC
im planning to do 2 hours of study a night next term, will increase it to 3-4hrs when assessments are close

HSC
Soul Searcher said:
5 hours study a night from 4pm onwards isn't that bad. Solid mind set is what you all need.
ugh...you...soul_searcher shall be my inspiration :uhoh:
stupid smartass :mad1:

-pari-

HSC
N/A
^^ well i think it varies greatly depending on the requirements of each individual.

one of my friends chucks in several all nighters per week, and she feels she needs that.

i only do that occasionally, and i normally manage to get by without it :)

Number7

HSC
No such thing as working "too hard" in your HSC unless you have a goal, such as 70 UAI, and am getting 90%+ results in your exams/assessments (generally, which in this case is working "too hard"). I'm assuming most of us here are aiming for 90+ and for that to occur, you got to work your @$$ off! I regret not working as hard as I should've/could've and now I'm paying the price - I don' t know whether I'll get 88+ UAI. But that's all my fault, no regrets, I had some awesome times this year and still pwned some exams. Twas fun.

Anyways, motivation is key for success in the HSC. :)

If any 07's would like some advice about the HSC or any of these subjects I'd be glad to help:

2u/3u math
eco
business
software design
adv eng (can't really give advice on this - I, and my school in general - suck at english)

I'm not some special kid or anything, but I've gotten a lot of 100%'s or close to in exams/assessments for all my subs (except english) when I really tried for them (yeah yeah I've heard people say this cr@p before about "trying" and all that but meh, make your own judgements I don't mind). So yeah, just PM if you want.

Just remember, stay motivated!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)