Workplace Essay (1 Viewer)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Im having a lot of trouble doing this essay cuz i was sick during the last week of school when we started the topic and got the assignment so pretty much- i know NOTHING about workplace.

The question is:

"evaluate the effectiveness of the law in recognising and protecting individual rights and values and community rights and values in the workplace"

Any suggestions on how to answer this would be greatly appreciated

stuartgeddes1

HSC
my teacher told me the easiest way to approachan evaluate the effectiveness question is to focus upon 3 issues from the workplace law topic andknow the acts, and cases and any reports which relate to these issues which you write about. Also when writing about the issues relate to these 8 quetions in order to evaluate the laws effectiveness in these areas.

1. Does it provide equality
2. Is it accessible (i.e. is the community able to access the law concerning this issue).
3. Is it enforcable
4. Does it balance community and individual rights
5. Does it protect individual rights.
6. Is it resource efficient
7. is there a system of review and appeals
8. does it represent community standards

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
stuartgeddes1 said:
my teacher told me the easiest way to approachan evaluate the effectiveness question is to focus upon 3 issues from the workplace law topic andknow the acts, and cases and any reports which relate to these issues which you write about. Also when writing about the issues relate to these 8 quetions in order to evaluate the laws effectiveness in these areas.

1. Does it provide equality
2. Is it accessible (i.e. is the community able to access the law concerning this issue).
3. Is it enforcable
4. Does it balance community and individual rights
5. Does it protect individual rights.
6. Is it resource efficient
7. is there a system of review and appeals
8. does it represent community standards
thanks... but i did it like a month ago... but thanks...

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
lol oh well its still useful to others.

well i could use it cause my workplace essay is shit lol i need to imporve so any help would be nice like i dont know what three main issues to focus on?

Last edited:

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
NEED HELP URGENTLYYYYY SOME ONE ANYONE COULD HELP ME JUST WITH BASIC STRUCTURE OF WORKPLACE ESSAY

Evaluate the effectiveness of the law in the workplace in achieving justice for the individual and society
this is the uestion now where would i go from here seriously i have no idea so lost would appreciate any help at all

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
obimoshman1234 said:
NEED HELP URGENTLYYYYY SOME ONE ANYONE COULD HELP ME JUST WITH BASIC STRUCTURE OF WORKPLACE ESSAY

Evaluate the effectiveness of the law in the workplace in achieving justice for the individual and society

this is the uestion now where would i go from here seriously i have no idea so lost would appreciate any help at all
mk, this is what i did for my workplace essay in the trials.

1- intro, bout half a page, introduce your issues your going to look at (no more then 3) and roughly describe legal mechanisms to help eg: common law, treaties etc.

2- Adress and outline your issue, what problems does it bring up, to what extent does the issue affect people, what people, that kind of stuff, throw in some statistics and worst case scenario cases/media articles.

3. Describe how the legal system has attempted to deal with your issue, all legislation, amendments, common law etc. If its an exam essay, only the crucial stuff, not that random little amendment which does pretty much jackshit. Use plenty of cases legislation where relevent.

4. the crucial thing about evaluating effectivness is not to leave it all till the end, make sure you integrate it by evaluating each legal mechanism/response by applying relevant bits of the effectivness scaffold eg: in terms of effectivness while this amendment did provide for greater equality, it was not very cost effective.

5. start from point 2 again for your next issue when you have finished with your 1st one and so on and so forth.

6. small conclusion much like your intro, dont bring up anymore information.

hope that helps :)

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
ok lol i know this is probably really stupid but i mean what issues tho i mean are they discrimination, safety and uumm i dont klnwo?????

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
obimoshman1234 said:
ok lol i know this is probably really stupid but i mean what issues tho i mean are they discrimination, safety and uumm i dont klnwo?????
Those are two really good ones.

I did safety and wrongful dismissal. Heres my essay to give you a bit of help with what yours should look like, it got a decent mark in the trials (23/25). Please dont copy it, i mean i guess i cant stop you, but im trying to be nice here, so be nice back?

i like unfair dismissal cuz if you have time you can go into the workchoices legislation in depth, then look at union and rudds response and julia gillards new legislation and shit, really allows you to push the whole law as a reflection of societies standards.

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
ty and dont may-cat i am respectful i only look at others essays to get general ideas never to i copy more than say a structure of a paragraph or order of ideas never what is actually written

lol ok just guessing here but u have emailed this essay to ur teacher no and thats who put the stuff in bold??? also did u do this essay entirely from ur text book because it seems like it all ur legislation and cases are out dated but i could be wrong so

Last edited:
HSC
Hey

I've got a problem with my assessment and was wondering if any1 could help out.
We were asked to research a law relevant to workplace, and I chose Sex Discrimination Act 1984 (Cth).
I've got the first part, like the aims/objectives of the law etc, however, I'm having trouble with finding tribunals available to settle these disputes and penalties provided if the law is breached???
Just to let you know i've researched everywhere, googled it and still nothing!!!

Can someone please help me out?

thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)