World Youth Day 08 (1 Viewer)

WYD08

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
Re: Condoms For All

Saw this on the news. A group of condoms gift people bring them out to younger people!!! OMFG?

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC

I do not support the court's decision. Many of the pilgrims are young persons (16-18) and some are even children.

It is not the responsibility of activists to educate children on sex, it is innapropriate, improper and should constitute as a form of sexual perversion.

xsjado

HSC

JaredR said:
and should constitute as a form of sexual perversion.

bahahahhahhahaha.
Fuck off you idiot.

xsjado

HSC

the only form of sexual perversion is from the priests..

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC

No I'm talking about condoms being given to children...

Most Catholics support contraceptive measures such as condoms. You're stupid to think they don't.

xsjado

HSC

JaredR said:
atleast that way the kids won't get stds after their rape sesh with the archbishop.

Most Catholics support contraceptive measures such as condoms. You're stupid to think they don't.
are you fucking serious??

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC

JaredR said:

You're a moron if you think people are going to hand out condoms to 5 year olds.
Obviously you've missed the point of why the condoms are being handed out.

On the plus side, the Catholic alter boys can practice safe molestation!

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC

I forgot that all Catholics are pedophiles, and the 1 billion of them worldwide have been molested. I apologise. It must be in the Catholic gene? All the converts must also have mirraculously made the gene become a part of them.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC

Christianity, Judaism and Islam all have issues with homosexuality. Don't isolate it to Catholics only. They all must be idiots.

But then that doesn't mean all Christians, Jews and Muslims do.

Last edited:

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC

JaredR said:
I do not support the court's decision. Many of the pilgrims are young persons (16-18) and some are even children.
The age of consent is 16 in Australia? So what's wrong with condoms being handed out to 16-18 year olds? And if you think the point of such protesting is to encourage those underage to have sex you've missed the point entirely.

Even if most catholics support the use of condoms (which I struggle to believe), the pope certainly doesn't. If the catholic church refuses to acknowledge that condoms are an effective way to curb the spread of HIV, and often goes to enormous lengths to prevent their distribution, it deserves to be protested.

HSC

Sorry my point was under 16, i saw on tv theres a 12 years old girl was given.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
Homeless people removed for WYD.

An advocacy group says up to a 130 homeless people have been removed from Sydney during World Youth Day celebrations. Kevin Simpson from Homeless Voice says men and woman who normally sleep in the city or the Domain have been moved out by authorities.

"I am a little bit surprised they haven't taken more care of the actual people who Jesus came for and that's the disadvantaged, marginalised broken people," he said.

Homeless Voice says during APEC people who sleep on the streets were offered accommodation in motels but not so during World Youth Day.

ABC TV spoke to homeless man Shane.

He normally sleeps in the Domain car park.

"Since the Pope and that's been in town we've had to relocate to this open park and if it rains we're sort of buggered, we've got no wind block," he said.

World Youth Day organisers say all Catholic welfare groups remain in operation.

But WYD coordinator Bishop Anthony Fisher says the soup kitchen offered in the city has had to be shifted to a neighbouring suburb, Woolloomooloo.

"I know some of them have moved in order to ensure the privacy of those homeless people so they're not surrounded by pilgrims, so they can eat their soup in privacy," he said.

Source: ABC
LOL, about time they cleaned up the city. :)

lala2

Banned
HSC

lol reminds me of the Manix Condoms ad I saw before Love Guru today. and btw, don't watch Love Guru--it's crappy storyline. But if you like phallic jokes, you'll get a kick out of this one.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC

I said children. Not young persons. :) I don't believe it's to encourage having sex but I believe that allowing children easy access to condoms is opening them to sexual ideas.

You struggle to believe most Catholics support the use of condoms?

I went to a single-sex Catholic high school and I am unaware of one person at that school who did not or would not use condoms. Now whilst I don't have any research polls from Harvard or the like (not that I searched for them) my own individual experience with 150 Catholic teenagers in my year, along with numerous others across the school are of the idea that contraception is acceptable, and our PDHPE lessons shared a similar idea.

This whole idea that all Catholics stringently align themselves to the Church's dogma is incredible. Just as all Jews do not wear Kippahs or Tzitzit and all Muslim women do not wear Burqas.

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
today was pretty amazing. I was down at Tumbalong Park for most of the day, where there was a pacific islander cultural show. Met a lot of beautiful people from many different countries, everyone was amped up -singing, dancing and chanting, atmosphere was great.

The numbers also blew my mind. Barangaroo was choccas and had to be closed off at 4pm due to capacity crowds (150,000), with the rest palmed off the cockle bay and the domain. I think the anticipated pilgrim numbers should be met easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)