• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Worried about ATAR. Need 85+ (1 Viewer)

jakeembrey

HSC
Hey
I go to Gosford High School (Rank 40th)
My subjects:Ranks
Chemistry: 60/90
Biology: 25/45
Maths: 60/120
Business Studies: 10/26
Advanced Eng: 100/160
Ext 1 Math: 30/60

Want an ATAR of 85+ and worried its too little too late if i improve my marks now. just finished my 2nd round of tests.

O

Omed62

Hey guys...

I also finished my half-yearlies and I got the following ranks; ehich I am so worried because I need an atar of above 99 to get to medicine. any advice on how should I improve in each subject and how to obtain 99.95 Atar. Thanks

Chemistry; 5/20
Biology; 3/47
English advanced: 47/58
maths ext 1: 4/7
maths 2u; 3/13
SOR 1u; 2/58

Can I still improve and do I still have a chance to get above 99 Atar and HSc mark of above 95 in each subject.

I am so worried and need some motivation guys on should I get over 99 Atar. any help would be appreciated.

O

Omed62

ATAR estimate would be good :) or some advice
lol I am sure you can get above 85 atar at least if you ace your exams; I personally make silly mistakes in exams; so don't worry; I think you can still improve in terms of ranking and you still have maybe like 70% of your assignments left. so work hard and good luck.

enoilgam

HSC
I think you're probably looking at around 84-87 at the moment, one unit of chemistry probably wont count. There is definitely time to improve I think.

O

Omed62

ATAR estimate would be good :) or some advice
so for maths; What I do is practice practice and still practice like 30 questions A dday on each topic and for english I write essays and send for edit. For chem/biology; I suggest you go BOS and download the syllabus and remember that the syllabus is like a bible, Any question they make they make it from the syllabus, so write your own notes under each syllabus heading and practice lots lost lots of questions from papers, trail, hsc papers. For business my brother got like 98, what he did was wrote syllabus notes and study them each day and practice like 100 past papers ( I am serious lol, all state rankers, practice like alot of papers) btw not some people know this and they think learning the content will score them top marks; not true its all about doing lost of questions inorder to learn the concepts and memorization is the key for biology, chem, business and english. but for maths practice papers. Once you do all this, then ou can see the difference in terms of your ranks will also increase.

Time is not important, motivation is the key in HSC, if your really want above 85+...

good luck lol, and I hope my adice helped you to understand the importance of HSC and how to obtain highest possible score...

Capt Rifle

HSC
so for maths; What I do is practice practice and still practice like 30 questions A dday on each topic and for english I write essays and send for edit. For chem/biology; I suggest you go BOS and download the syllabus and remember that the syllabus is like a bible, Any question they make they make it from the syllabus, so write your own notes under each syllabus heading and practice lots lost lots of questions from papers, trail, hsc papers. For business my brother got like 98, what he did was wrote syllabus notes and study them each day and practice like 100 past papers ( I am serious lol, all state rankers, practice like alot of papers) btw not some people know this and they think learning the content will score them top marks; not true its all about doing lost of questions inorder to learn the concepts and memorization is the key for biology, chem, business and english. but for maths practice papers. Once you do all this, then ou can see the difference in terms of your ranks will also increase.

Time is not important, motivation is the key in HSC, if your really want above 85+...

good luck lol, and I hope my adice helped you to understand the importance of HSC and how to obtain highest possible score...
That was insightful, thank you.

O

Omed62

That was insightful, thank you.
I hope my advice you helps everyone. This is the right advice that I will giving to everyone. if you go everywhere people bullshit that you need 85 for this but they don't even understand that HSC is all about motivationa nd if you don't get motivated in a certain subject, how on earth will you ace the exams, for example; I remember one of my mates, he used to get like 56% in his assigments and by the end of the year he got above 95 because he worked very hard and had faith that he could do it.

So I believe jakeembrey , can really push himself and get even above 99 Atar. good luck luck to everyone in their HSC and I pray to god that he helps all of us to ace the HSC and get state ranks.

Capt Rifle

HSC
I hope my advice you helps everyone. This is the right advice that I will giving to everyone. if you go everywhere people bullshit that you need 85 for this but they don't even understand that HSC is all about motivationa nd if you don't get motivated in a certain subject, how on earth will you ace the exams, for example; I remember one of my mates, he used to get like 56% in his assigments and by the end of the year he got above 95 because he worked very hard and had faith that he could do it.

So I believe jakeembrey , can really push himself and get even above 99 Atar. good luck luck to everyone in their HSC and I pray to god that he helps all of us to ace the HSC and get state ranks.
Thanks for the motivation man. Yeh I plan to get an atar around 95, thankfully I have made a good start, but I fear the trials and other upcoming assessment tasks.

jakeembrey

HSC
Thanks heaps everyone for your help. I really appreciate it, after getting my results from the half yearly's today i felt as if i would be lucky to even reach 80 and i wouldnt be able to make up the ranks. But after this i have the motivation to push on :), hopefully we all get 90+ and the ATAR's we need. Looks like going to Gosford High helps alot!

O

Omed62

I'm at around a 60 ATAR. =)
lol, I wish you the best. but please at least start to do some study... I keep on hearing that you post random stuff and waste alot of your time. so please if you really want a good atar, now is your only chance to achieve good results and improve your ranks. For biology; try to make up notes, or pm me I will send you a sample of my notes for bio and if you like them than you can buy them because I believe these notes are by far the best notes I made myself last term. It covers everything about HSC biology and even shows you how the key words/verbs to watch out lol.

good luck lol, just study and will get good marks.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I say, an atar in the 70's. 50s is way too far off...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)