• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Worried...what can I do?? (1 Viewer)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I go to a government school and I do 10units...however because some of my classes only have 6 - 8 students we only get 4/5 80 min periods out of the usual 6 - this would be a big deal except for me 3 of my subjects are affected resulting in me having 4 - non teacher periods...whcih means these periods are basically like free periods...

The worst of it at the moment is putting our beginners and continuers French class in one all my language peeps would know how difficult it is... kinda like puttin 2unit General with 2 unit maths - people think its a similar level but its a completely different couse

I know it isnt a huge deal but i am really worried about how this going to effect me and my HSC. I don't want to end up with crap marks just because my skool can afford to give us the correct amount of classes...I don't know what to do, i approached my year-advisor and she said there is nothing i can do? Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas that can help me...i am really worried thankz

Last edited:

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Use your free time effectively, you can get a lot acheived in those periods if you take out the text books and get work done. As long as you have enough class time to learn the concepts then it should be fine. If you're much of an independent learner then you might even be able to benefit from this. Just make sure that if you have a common room or something that you do work in that you don't have a foosball table in there. Our grade made that mistake and as a result I think all of our marks have dropped by 2% :p.

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
KFunk said:
Use your free time effectively, you can get a lot acheived in those periods if you take out the text books and get work done. As long as you have enough class time to learn the concepts then it should be fine. If you're much of an independent learner then you might even be able to benefit from this. Just make sure that if you have a common room or something that you do work in that you don't have a foosball table in there. Our grade made that mistake and as a result I think all of our marks have dropped by 2% :p.
I have to agree with KFunk I was doing Food Technology & German which had periods cut because of the class sizes. When that happens it calls for independant learning and self- motavation, just use the periods that you're not in the classroom to learn what you would in class and you'll be fine

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Our ees class was cut down as well. But the free lesson is really good to do revising and actually maybe get yourself ahead of the class. I tended to find it better and easier to learn by myself than in class. But at the same time, my teacher was really nice and he said that if we ever were stuck on something, to see him during that lesson. Plus, if you have "free" lessons - it can really get you into shape for uni - if you plan on going.

sweet_chick

HSC
I cant believe they do that. I also go to government school and all my classes except english only have about 7 students one class only has 3 but they dont cut any classes.

I agree with what other people have said and use you time effectively. I have one free period a day because im doing 4 units off time table (extension classes) so i go to library to finnish work or study. I also sometimes spend the time with my careers advisor researchng uni courses and scolarships.

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
i guess, like everyone has said before, you should treat it as an actual study lesson. i know, it's easy to get distracted and restless [like me in my free periods. i talk, i sleep. i'm even as sad as trying to help my friend with her work rather than do my own]. i'd so much rather be home doing something else just as useless but having more fun.

but it's, in way, better to have study periods at school because you won't be distracted with everything you have at home [eg. tv, games, etc.] or you won;t be able to find something to waste your time on. and it's probably better if you have these periods to yourself, so you won't start talking to your friends and stuff.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Murf said:
lol i was wondering why it was a bit quiet around here:p good luck @ parent teacher, i still think if u get no sucess talk to the BOS.

murf
LOL all my teachers said "Melissa is a hard working student but she talks too much" LOL my legal teacher told my mum i talk abt legal so that was ok...and he praised me abt wanting to b a lawyer so its all good...

My deputy said abt the non-teacher periods that bcoz there are less people in the class we should get more time with the teacher and there is nothing i can do blah!

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
looooool hahahah

heyy, thats like a heaps good report comment, at least it exemplifies your hard work ^^

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
its soccor but played on a table with figurines... haha

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
^^^ The greatest development in soccer since Maradonna. ^^^

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)