Would studying SDD or similar computing subjects such as IPT help in uni? (1 Viewer)

eViLnUt

Cardplayer
HSC
I was juz wonderin if studyin subjects such as Software Design and Development would give a slight head start in Uni when studying CSE subjects such as Comp Sci or Software Engineering...

your help is appreciated, thx :)

sunny

meh.
HSC
Perhaps in Software Engineering since it'll give you some background on software development, but thats about it.

sunny

meh.
HSC
If you think about it, its asking whether a one year HSC course will give you a head start in a 3 or 4 year long degree...probably not, but it will give you experience on what software development is like.

eViLnUt

Cardplayer
HSC
apart from all the stuff on the UNSW CSE site (which isnt very detailed) and from the 'important' thread, what do you think is the main difference between Comp Sci and SE?

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
sunny said:
Perhaps in Software Engineering since it'll give you some background on software development, but thats about it.
To confirm, it will help, but is not essential.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
The computing subjects in first year (you'll probably only do Comp 1A/1B) will assume nothing about your ability to program. It's because it's hard to generalise the abilities of a hundred-odd students: obviously some people will be more advanced than others, some will know languages that others don't, etc.

But to answer your query, I feel like SDD wasn't really indicative of what I'd be studying in Comp Sci. It's definitely not a prerequisite.

sunny

meh.
HSC
Getting bored at work pb? This thread is 5 months old :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)