Would these business ideas for tutoring work? (1 Viewer)

Of the following tutoring services, which ones would you consider using?

• Website that matches tutors/students based on smart criteria e.g. learning styles, ability level

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Website that helps tutors/students form small classes to get better prices

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Website where students can submit a paper online, get matched with a tutor who then marks it

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Tutoring app that helps tutors/students with scheduling, messaging and material exchange

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Market website where tutors can sell original study material (think app store for study materials)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

xclo

HSC
Hi everyone,

Some friends and I were thinking of starting a business that helps tutors more effectively teach students so I wanted to get some opinions here. Any feedback is welcome and if you have any other ideas or frustrations, please let us know.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
That's gr8

Do you need like an ABN and all that stuff though? There might be loads of complications but if you're up for it then that's cool.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
So you're starting a business to tutor tutors to be better at tutoring others?

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I just have a few comments on your poll, for your first option, I don't know how exactly this is going to work, because usually tutors are the ones accommodating the student's learning style and all tutors should have a significant capability in their respective subjects to tutor it, so I am not sure whether this will even work, as for your second option, many tutors find it easier to organise their own students into small classes, and considering usually one tutor don't tutor a significant amount of students, not sure whether it won't be easier for the tutor to arrange it themselves, not sure whether you need an entire website for it. For the third option, many tutors already offers online essay marking services, including those on boredofstudies, so once again not sure how much of an interest you are going to generate, and there are competing websites offering similar services as well, so you will need to think of significant strategies to differentiate yourself and your competitors. For your fifth one, once again, often tutors already do these things very easily with their laptop and mobile phones, not sure whether it is worth the cost and time to make a tutoring app when the current basic systems tutor use to communicate with their students is already very convenient, and lastly, there are quite a few websites that already allow tutors to sell original study materials, so once again not sure whether it is economically viable to develop an app for it and whether you will have enough resources to promote the app to ensure enough users are utilising it. Overall, I think you need to develop more detailed strategies or differentiate your service from existing competitors in some way in order for your idea to be viable and profitable.

SammyT123

HSC
I just have a few comments on your poll, for your first option, I don't know how exactly this is going to work, because usually tutors are the ones accommodating the student's learning style and all tutors should have a significant capability in their respective subjects to tutor it, so I am not sure whether this will even work, as for your second option, many tutors find it easier to organise their own students into small classes, and considering usually one tutor don't tutor a significant amount of students, not sure whether it won't be easier for the tutor to arrange it themselves, not sure whether you need an entire website for it. For the third option, many tutors already offers online essay marking services, including those on boredofstudies, so once again not sure how much of an interest you are going to generate, and there are competing websites offering similar services as well, so you will need to think of significant strategies to differentiate yourself and your competitors. For your fifth one, once again, often tutors already do these things very easily with their laptop and mobile phones, not sure whether it is worth the cost and time to make a tutoring app when the current basic systems tutor use to communicate with their students is already very convenient, and lastly, there are quite a few websites that already allow tutors to sell original study materials, so once again not sure whether it is economically viable to develop an app for it and whether you will have enough resources to promote the app to ensure enough users are utilising it. Overall, I think you need to develop more detailed strategies or differentiate your service from existing competitors in some way in order for your idea to be viable and profitable.
And that's the thing , there isn't one website that does it all :)

Give it a shot OP. Everyone thought apple wouldn't work, why not this :p

One question, will you be doing the coding yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Yeah it would be, but what is it about you and your friends that make you good at teaching?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)