• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Would you..? (1 Viewer)

zaqwerty

HSC
Would you go back to the start of the year 12 and do it all again, knowing what you know now, or, with hindsight, do you just not give a damn? (with the reasoning that, to do it again, you could get better marks...)

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
LOL i made a thread like this a while back - but it went spam crazy and got locked :( except the only difference being that my option was to go back to year 10 and do everything differently.

But in answer to your question - shit yes. :)

I would put so much more effort in.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
noir. said:
lol, i think i'm somewhere between a yes and no. There are something i would definitely like to do all over again but there are some other things that i would never want to go through again --

samuel slack

HSC
Wouldn't do it. Even if I completely fail this year I would never do it again. Just so much fiddly crap... I'd get sick of it... plus, there's so many pathways into university. You don't really need to do it over again... AND I've read somewhere that only about 5% of people who redo the HSC actually improve their marks the second time around. Crazy huh?

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
samuel slack said:
Wouldn't do it. Even if I completely fail this year I would never do it again. Just so much fiddly crap... I'd get sick of it... plus, there's so many pathways into university. You don't really need to do it over again... AND I've read somewhere that only about 5% of people who redo the HSC actually improve their marks the second time around. Crazy huh?
Only 5%? What a waste. I agree, there are many other ways to get into uni but I'd rather not have to take those pathways. The only reason i would want to do go through some of this again is because i know i didn't give all i had. I'm feeling regretful about a lot of stuff that i didn't do over the past year. :)

samuel slack

HSC
Yeah, I sort of feel like that sometimes too... but who cares. Once you're into uni noone really cares about what UAI you got, unless you got 100... Then you're either worshipped as a god or stoned to death... I think its important not to worry too much about the HSC. My friends that went to uni this year have been really helpful. Whenever i'm worried about something they're like. "Dude, after the first paper you realise they're just like any other exams"... and various other useful things, and if you don't go as well as you want, then look at the pathways. For most its just a year of study, a little extra money, and you're into uni in the course you want to do.

starrysky

HSC
No.

Even if I'd be given the option to pick whatever subjects I wanted, etc. and all the other shit, no. Purely for the fact that one year of this has already proven to be almost too much for me.

I want it to be midday on November 2 right now.

samuel slack

HSC
Lol Tanjin.
Lol... I have about 2 cases of 4x gold left at my place after the after-formal party that I had. So I'm gonna be plenty good with supplies. I'm working at a Post Office. Booya. Once I've trained there I can work at any place in Australia...

Back on topic. Do you guys actually think that you could stay focussed for another year of yr 12. I mean. I'd be sick of being treated like a child by the end of next year... I'd probably snap...

starrysky

HSC
samuel slack said:
Lol Tanjin.
Lol... I have about 2 cases of 4x gold left at my place after the after-formal party that I had. So I'm gonna be plenty good with supplies. I'm working at a Post Office. Booya. Once I've trained there I can work at any place in Australia...

Back on topic. Do you guys actually think that you could stay focussed for another year of yr 12. I mean. I'd be sick of being treated like a child by the end of next year... I'd probably snap...
Lucky arse. I'd love to work at a Post Office.

I could not possibly stay focused for another year. I was sick of the HSC one day after Year 12 started, and since then I've just dragged myself through a sea of mediocre, failing assessment marks without any motivation to do anything about it. Does not bloody help that amongst all of that, English teachers demanded weekly re-works of notes and essays, Maths teachers encouraged before-school lessons, and Business Studies teachers tried motivating without success.

Fuck.

samuel slack

HSC
Yeah I'm pretty happy with myself. Money for uni- woohoo!

Lol. For the first month or so of year 12 I went really hard. Studied every night for a couple of hours... etc etc. After that I got sick of it and extremely bored... I think If I'd kept going as hard as I was I would've got 90+ UAI... but I wouldn't have enjoyed everything else that HSC year is good for, 18ths... after-formals... muck-up days... hanging with people at school (which I didn't realise I was going to miss so much).

I'm just glad I've had all notes sorted before I got to these holidays, so its been reading and past-papers... which has increased the boredom. LOL.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
samuel slack said:
Lol Tanjin.

I'd love to work at the Post Office too. Seriously Bunnings is horrible, people that i work with are nice but that's it.

Well at my school, the minute we all got into year 11 - we were treated as adults. So i wouldnt mind in that sense...but i dont know. I would but i wouldn't. If i was to repeat i'd do it at Tafe. My experience there was awesome. :D

starrysky

HSC
samuel slack said:
Yeah I'm pretty happy with myself. Money for uni- woohoo!

Lol. For the first month or so of year 12 I went really hard. Studied every night for a couple of hours... etc etc. After that I got sick of it and extremely bored... I think If I'd kept going as hard as I was I would've got 90+ UAI... but I wouldn't have enjoyed everything else that HSC year is good for, 18ths... after-formals... muck-up days... hanging with people at school (which I didn't realise I was going to miss so much).

I'm just glad I've had all notes sorted before I got to these holidays, so its been reading and past-papers... which has increased the boredom. LOL.
Give me your motivation, right now. I haven't finished my notes for Bio yet.

Fuckity.

I wouldn't repeat it, period. One year is more than enough, thanks. I'd rather just leave it as a finished milestone in my life and (try to) forget about it. I got bored of HSC that one day after it started, and I put all my effort into dancing this year instead.

Worst. Mistake. Ever.

samuel slack

HSC
Okay, did you do accounting through Tafe? Or something else entirely?
And yes, I remember the feeling of being treated like an adult and you're like woohoo! I'm a senior and all the teachers are heaps better. Then you have to ask whether you can go to the toilet and you realise that its changed a little bit. But not alot.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
samuel slack said:
Okay, did you do accounting through Tafe? Or something else entirely?
And yes, I remember the feeling of being treated like an adult and you're like woohoo! I'm a senior and all the teachers are heaps better. Then you have to ask whether you can go to the toilet and you realise that its changed a little bit. But not alot.
Yeah, i did accounting through tafe - the best decision i ever made. Was one of my easiest subjects (well for me at least) and the tafe learning environment was incredibly fun and fun :D 70% of it was done last year, which included the HSC exam - this year was the other 30% - consisting of a few easy MYOB tests. Win! :D

At our school - i only had to ask to go to the toilet in a few classes - most of our teachers really didnt give a shit when we just walked out of class. LOL.

In year 11 business studies, my friend and i jigged ( a lot...even more in year 12) and our bus stud teacher sees us, says hi (this is when we were supposed to be in his class but instead went to the quad) -- he didnt say anything to us. LOL.

Now that i think of it - i dont think i would go back. I like the way things have turned out.

Last edited:

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
zaqwerty said:
Would you go back to the start of the year 12 and do it all again, knowing what you know now, or, with hindsight, do you just not give a damn? (with the reasoning that, to do it again, you could get better marks...)
Fuck no. I'm satisfied with how this year has turned out. It wasn't perfect, but then I can't really demand that from everything.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
would i?

f_ck yeah. i would do it properly.

[edit] hahaaha....just read SS's post. the irony.

and i wouldn't do it so much for the marks, as for the satisfaction of knowing i'd put my best foot forward.

Last edited:

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
gosh hell no !!
i`ve had enough of it .. just want it to goddamn end already. bloody hsc.
CANT WAIT FOR IT TO BE OVER.

yeah i regret not trying , but meh .. it`ll be all over soon :p

HSC
i wouldnt mind doing it all again if i had the friends to do it with me. but in the end i prolly wouldnt have to. set myself well enough for next your through freak luck so theres no way im turning my back on it.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Some of you may say now that you would like to repeat (I doubt many if any will) but once it's done and dusted you start going into party mode. You see your friends move one - this is assuming you don't get the UAI you need, although you may have thoughts of repeating the HSC I'm sure it will be more likely that you will be looking into other pathways into your course.

I mean seriously think of how hard it would be to do the HSC again. Yes you would have all your notes, class notes, study notes, all your assignments/assessments, past exams but you won't have your friends. Those friends that you moved up through school over all these yes. Yes you could probably make new friends but then again seeing your old friends all at uni and one step closer to starting their career isn't really going to make doing the hsc again any easier - since you will basically be taking a step backwards.

I know at my school there were several people that didn't get the uai they wanted, not really surprising considering the effort they put in and the fact they only really took it seriously towards the end when they realised how little they had down. Anyway my local uni offers a 1 year course which basically for many forms a stepping stone to get your foot in the door at uni. Now of course they would of wanted to get straight into their dream course, but that didn't happen so they found another way.

If the uni course you want is that important to you then you will find a way. Going backwards for most of you probably isn't that way.

Oh and would I, certainly not. I did the best I could at the time and I meet my expectations/goals. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)