writing a critical essay/I hate Frankenstein. (1 Viewer)

HSC
How come nobody seems to have done Dracula?
Just skimming through the first few pages of this forum (I don’t have the time to go through them all) everyone who mentions the gothic is doing Frankenstein...I hate Frankenstein. I have to read it though. I am doing Dracula and struggling with an essay on the alien self (struggling as in I have no idea where to start.) *sighs* end-of-the year is hard.
Anyway, is there anyone out there who can give me a hand, a hint on how to start my essay? I’m good at crapping on once I’ve got a start but I can’t get anything out.
This is my question:
Write a critical essay in response to the question
“The only real alien is the one we carry around inside ourselves. We
eternalize, categorize and segregate the alien in an attempt to control.”
Explore this statement with reference to Dracula by Brain Stoker and one
other text of your own choosing.

AFGHAN22

HSC
I am also in year 11 and i have done frankenstein, wuthering heights, and dracula.

HSC
hey thanks..I've noticed everyone seems to do heaps more texts than my school..but we spend ages talking which is actually pretty helpful because my class is so small and its only about 3 people including myself and the teacher who does all the talking. :) I don't know if thats good for everypne else but it sure helps me understand!

if you've done dracula can you give me a hand with that essay?

AFGHAN22

HSC
How can i help you? Can u give me ur msn name so we can chat over da net and i can help u?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)