Writing a Mod A essay based of an extract (1 Viewer)

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
So in the 2016 paper A, the question had made you refer to extracts. Just curious but how do you answer that sort of question and what should you be writing in essays throughout?

I know you need to agree/disagree with the question and in your intro you need to make reference to the quote/extract but when writing your essay would u need to refer to the extract all the time?

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
I'll answer based on Richard/LFR since that's my topic. They gave like 10 or so lines (can't remember) which means one line or part of it could be quoted each time. I asked people from the above grade (jazz519 and stuff) and they said they replaced quotes from their memorised essays with lines from the extract and analysed it (technique and effect on the audience) so they had over 5 references to the extract.

Try to analyse it once or twice per paragraph to have like 4-8 approximately (not sure I didn't do the HSC) (2-4 per text) references to the quote.

Also it said "detailed reference" this time so a lot of references were needed. If it didn't say "detailed" or if it didn't say "reference" at all I guess you could include less references.

Orwell

HSC
Could you please post the question?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)