writing in the HSC (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
i want know if it you would be deducted marks if you were to write in capitals in the HSC, because i find it a lot easier and faster, and i would probably not be able to write as fast or as neat.
thanks

dolbinau

HSC
I think you definitely would in English, not so much deducted marks but you won't 'gain' marks for writing 'appropriate to audience, purpose and form' (or whatever the criteria is). Even with a lot of your other subjects you'll be writing essays too so it could be a problem. But check with your teachers.

I think it's a bad idea..

Yamiyo

HSC
Markers probably couldn't care less whether your writing is in capitals or not, especially if "i find it a lot easier and faster, and i would probably not be able to write as fast or as neat." They're not marking you on your handwriting; if they can read it, well, it's done its job.

Then again, you could automatically get zero.

Last edited:

SimonLee13

HSC
Yamiyo said:
Markers probably couldn't care less whether your writing is in capitals or not, especially if "i find it a lot easier and faster, and i would probably not be able to write as fast or as neat." They're not marking you on your handwriting; if they can read it, well, it's done its job.

Then again, you could automatically get zero.
"Markers try to give as many marks as possible" thus they wouldn't give a 0 purely for that reason.

Yamiyo

HSC
SimonLee13 said:
"Markers try to give as many marks as possible" thus they wouldn't give a 0 purely for that reason.
Oh, okay. Thanks for clearing that up.

Last edited:

Aaron.Judd

HSC
I wouldn't do it. Liekwise i wouldn't write with no capital letters and fullstosp etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)