Writing Speed (1 Viewer)

dumNerd

HSC
Hey, so my writing speed is really trash. I can barely get through a 800 word essay in 40 minutes and when I try to write fast my writing is literally illegible. I just wanted to know if there's any methods to improve the speed of my writing. I know about the battery method (can anyone vouch for this and if so can you explain how it works)

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
The "battery method"? That's rubbish. How does the attachment of a battery improve your speed?

yanujw

HSC
The "battery method"? That's rubbish. How does the attachment of a battery improve your speed?
It's this method
As you said though, it seems ineffective and i don't even know why it's a thing

EDIT: Just realised you were actually on that thread and replied with a very useful comment. To @dumNerd Drongoski's reply on that thread is quite useful so I think you should take a look at that

idkkdi

HSC
Are you going to try your luck again with a handwriting class and getting some people to come rather than ditching last minute by thinking you're a dodgy dude scowering a high school forum? xddddd

studiesofboard

HSC
Batteries are typically heavy and pens are light. So by applying batteries onto pens it makes it heavier forcing you to write more faster. Once you take off the batteries you will magically write faster since you were used to it :)

Saxtoni

HSC
Personally, I improved my writing skills and speed only through practice. Of course, this is not a very quick method, but it is definitely effective. But you know, in situations where you have a lot of tasks, even the ability to write fast can't help. That is why, in such situations, the option to buy cheap essay is the best for me. I always turn to https://papersowl.com/buy-cheap-essay, because I know that they are true professionals and will be able to write my essay not only quickly, but efficiently and without plagiarism. It is very convenient and very helpful in emergencies.

Last edited:

quickoats

HSC
You're in year 10 so 800 words for 40 minutes is quite fast - as you write more essays throughout your high school career you'll probably get a bit faster.

Prioritise quality over quantity because you can get a really effective essay done in 800 words rather than 1300 words of messily written waffle.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
It's this method
As you said though, it seems ineffective and i don't even know why it's a thing

EDIT: Just realised you were actually on that thread and replied with a very useful comment. To @dumNerd Drongoski's reply on that thread is quite useful so I think you should take a look at that
I remember that old thread and the one drongoski references about pens haha from back when I was doing my HSC.

I think this "method" gets weird reactions as some people assume that you think the battery/electricity itself will help lol.

beetree1

HSC
Personally, attaching an eraser to the end of my pen (slightly heavier than batteries) has helped my writing speed during exams but this may also be a state of mind bc of the stress or something lol
But yes, definitely to practice writing as someone mentioned earlier, although you should be doing this anyways for when u are memorising.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Yesterday someone contacted me for advice on handwriting. I thought she has problems with her handwriting. She does not. In fact she writes better than most students. She writes in cursive - i.e. running writing. That's the basis of speedy handwriting. Problem is, since the last 20 or more years, most of you have not been property taught how to write this way, so you just don't know how. Not that it is rocket science. From my observation, I'm of the view you have to get it right when you are between 5 to 8 years old. Once you've got it wrong, including especially with your pen grip, you are screwed - which is the way it is nowadays.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Hey, so my writing speed is really trash. I can barely get through a 800 word essay in 40 minutes and when I try to write fast my writing is literally illegible. I just wanted to know if there's any methods to improve the speed of my writing. I know about the battery method (can anyone vouch for this and if so can you explain how it works)
Just writing more should help, and knowing the content better so you don’t pause much to think of what to write. I personally wrote around 800 words in 40 mins I think for my HSC essays because my pen grip is really weird and I write really hard!

Master Singleton

The Night Owl
HSC
Uni Grad
My peak writing speed back in 2014 was approximately 900 words per 45 minutes when using the rOtring 600 series mechanical pencil a well weighted mechanical pencil and around 850 words per 45 minutes using the Uniball Jetstream pen a pen with good grip. I've practiced writing day in and day out mostly hand writing letters and speeches for 1 hour per day and still do when I have the time to do so using the same mechanical pencil and pen.

dumNerd

HSC
Update, changed pens and practiced a bit I can now write 715 in 21 minutes

rajeshtheting

HSC
just practice, practice, practice ... no need for anything fancy. what i did last year was set myself 5 mins less than the 40 mins (so 35 mins) and tried writing my essays in that limit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)