• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Writing the reflection statement!!! (1 Viewer)

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
This question is directed to past students...

I was just curious..

how long before the due date of the major works did u guys actually start writing ur refelction ststament...

i'm worried.. because next holidays i'll be studying for my trials.. and i think the major work is due in week 6 of term 3... and the trials r in week 3... and we still havn't done the viva voce or the report.... and we may not do them until after the holidays... (i.e. during the time when i'll be studying for my trials)...

Just curious... do u think a reflection statement can be done in 2-5 days before the due date?...

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
two weeks beforehand

i got E4

mainly looked back at my proposal to my viva voce and always looking back at the syllabus.

i wouldnt try to leave it to a few days.... i'm not terribly a good example because i stayed up for a few days...quick naps in between, cuz i had 5 other majorworks due at the same time....

and unless you're willing

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
I actually started months before and did a new RS for each 2ndish draft of my major work (the earlier ones were REALLY bad, but my teacher "strongly encouraged" me to write them anyway).

I started the "real" one the week before. I wasn't really doing anything else at the time (I can't recall studying for HSC Trials.... :p) and remember working on it for an hour or two each day (I did 6 drafts of my RS, *that* I remember :D).

If you know you're going to be busy, start it earlier. Writing it isn't the problem, refining it is. Condensing to stay within the word limit is a NIGHTMARE...

J

jhakka

I started a week and a half beforehand. I would have liked three weeks.

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
cuz i had 5 other majorworks due at the same time....
luckily that was at the end of ur post... I had a heart attack when i reached that line...

5 major works.. how did u manage?... and here i was thinking my subjects were a major work load (not that they're not but newyas...) and congrats on ur E4

glitterfairy.... 6 drafts of ur reflection statement?.. and here i was thinking one draft was all it took...

and jhakka... 3 weeks would be nice... but i think i'll still end up doing it 1 week beforehand... why does it have to be worth so much...

by the way guys... E4 is 45+ (including 45) right....?
so is E3 40 -44?....
I probably should know this since i'm doing 3 extension courses... but unfortunately i don't...

J

jhakka

I'm not quite sure what E4 is, but you're probably right as 45 would add up to 90 in a 2 unit subject.

The reflection statement is difficult to write at first. I went through about four copies. I found it very difficult (at first) to link everything together (the dot points), so more time to work on the draft I finally settled on (and was very happy with) would have been nice.

I don't know about the Board of Studies, but I know the Department of Education loves the idea of self reflection. It makes it obvious that we learn from mistakes and can apply whatever we learn effectively.

jaihson

HSC
At the ETA lecture in Newtown they stressed self-reflection in the reflection statement. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)