• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Writing your own Job Description (1 Viewer)

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
My boss has recently asked me to write my own job description (after I was hasseling him for a rise and a copy of said job description) and I wanted to know what BOSer's experience with this sort of thing are...

I have a good idea of what I want to include but I do want to know is how people have gone after writing their own JD, did you take on too much, was too much expected of you etc..

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
You basically just start by saying what company is, then what the position is, then what your position involves, what you do in your job, where the company is located and how the hours are and end with the pay rate..that's what i'd do.

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
Sorry I don;t think i made it clear enough that I know what a job description is. If I didn't I doubt my boss would have asked me to write my own!

I would like experiences etc from other members, not someone telling me how to write a job description, no offence, but by not reading the post properly and understanding this you really pissed me off:)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
I wrote:
My duties comprise of my own independent marketing, human resource and financial management. Being a fully qualified supervisor, I also act as a business and health consultant, equipping my distributors, with vital skills and knowledge in order for them to succeed in all aspects of their business, in conjunction with teaching and guiding my clients and prospects, the most effective and safe way in achieving their health goals.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
Nashie said:
Sorry I don;t think i made it clear enough that I know what a job description is. If I didn't I doubt my boss would have asked me to write my own!

I would like experiences etc from other members, not someone telling me how to write a job description, no offence, but by not reading the post properly and understanding this you really pissed me off:)

ok sorry, my mistake.

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
stacie, I only wante people to read the thread and only post if they had something to say about what it asks.. which is how this has worked out for them.. as yet no one has posted anything like what i wanted yet...

sorry folks but I did want answers that answer my questions not people telling me what their job descriptions are, I know what to do for a job description, I did finish year tweleve and I obviously don't work at maccas so I dont like people assuming that, just because I'm not at uni!

Have a lovely day
(oh and I didn't even need to look up pretentious to know what it means!

All other people, I apologise for my tirade but people who jump to conclusions piss me off, and the world doesn't need any more of them

pete_mate

HSC
use an officespace quote:

"Well, I generally come in at least fifteen minutes late, ah, I use the side door - that way [the boss] can't see me, heh heh - and, uh, after that I just sorta space out for about an hour.

I just stare at my desk; but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch, too. I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work."

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
Nashie said:
All other people, I apologise for my tirade but people who jump to conclusions piss me off, and the world doesn't need any more of them

right...so if they piss you off, they're not needed in the world anymore, seriously, how self-absorbed are you? I apologised for my mistake, I'll even delete my god damn post if it makes you so uncomfortable..but such word were not warranted..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)