wut are some concepts of discovery (1 Viewer)

duhdevitt

HSC
don't know any, need some concepts for an essay

rexona <3

duhdevitt

HSC
cos is physical, emotion, spiritual; aspects of discovery

rexona <3

astroman

HSC
maybe a person travelling to where they were born after a long time??

Machiavelli1

HSC
"Discovery can encompass the experience of discovering something for the first time or rediscovering something that has been lost, forgotten or concealed. Discoveries can be sudden and unexpected, or they can emerge from a process of deliberate and careful planning evoked by curiosity, necessity or wonder . Discoveries can be fresh and intensely meaningful in ways that may be emotional, creative, intellectual, physical and spiritual. They can also be confronting and provocative. They can lead us to new worlds and values, stimulate new ideas, and enable us to speculate about future possibilities. Discoveries and discovering can offer new understandings and renewed perceptions of ourselves and others. "

1st paragraph in the rubric.........

Machiavelli1

HSC
Yeah all these can be your topic sentences. E.g. "Discovery can encompass the experience of discovering something for the first time" or "Discoveries can be sudden and unexpected".

Physical, spiritual, emotional etc. discoveries are the type of discoveries there are.
They also form the core of your thesis

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
It will depend on the essay question what concepts you need to extract/focus on from the rubric, perhaps start by constructing the rubric and relating what is in the rubric to what your understanding of your prescribed and any related texts are.

tigerian

HSC
N/A
All the concepts of discovery -physical, emotional and intellectual are present in all the texts in the syllabus for AOS. Consider as well how they can be personal as well as impacting on society . It also says in the syllabus discovery may be about something that was previously unknown, forgotten or lost and it includes the need to take risks, venture into the unknown, conquer our fears and make sacrifices. As I was sharing with my students it is also important to remember that the concept of discovery can also result in disappointments and can destroy some impressions we had about someone or something,

beachee99

HSC
I could only find a draft version on my laptop here at school
Quick Rubric Breakdown - Discovery

Initial Discovery:
Lost
Forgottten
Concealed
Re-discovery

Discovery Can Be:
Sudden
Unexpected
Deliberate
Carefully Planned

Causes of Discovery:
Curiosity
Necessity
Wonder
(All these fall under motivation in the syllabus)

Discovery can be:
Emotional
Creative
Intellectual
Physical
Spiritual

Results and Effects
New Worlds
New or Changed Values
Stimulate New Ideas
Speculate about future possibilities (I.e. Journeys are a never ending process)
New Perspectives (audience as well)
New Understandings (audience as well)
Renewed Perceptions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)