• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Wuthering Heights!! EXAM QUESTIONS (1 Viewer)

DraconisV

Christopher Fife
HSC
HELLO OUT THERE WUTHERING HEIGHTS students. I know you we are a very rare breed in the HSC,(well at least on these forums).

Well, What im really needing now is tones of exam type essay or other type questions.

Like tones, i need all these questions so i can analyse the novel more closely and build arguments and so i will have tones to write in my personal response journal for class.

These will help for my exam preparation, and could be compiled and placed on the premium resources(or something).

So please can you please help a desperate struggling HSCer.

tigerian

HSC
N/A
DraconisV said:
HELLO OUT THERE WUTHERING HEIGHTS students. I know you we are a very rare breed in the HSC,(well at least on these forums).

Well, What im really needing now is tones of exam type essay or other type questions.

Like tones, i need all these questions so i can analyse the novel more closely and build arguments and so i will have tones to write in my personal response journal for class.

These will help for my exam preparation, and could be compiled and placed on the premium resources(or something).

So please can you please help a desperate struggling HSCer.
Hi, Try these ones from my HSC teachers resources.

1/What are the essential 'literary qualities' of "Wuthering Heights"?
2/ What impact does the use of several narrators have on our understanding of the main characters in "Wuthering Heights"? What do you think is the significance of using more than one narrator?
3/ to what extent does the wild and desolate setting of "Wuthering Heights" shape and reflect the plot and characters?
4/ What values and moral principles does "Wuthering Heights" transmit? are different values reflected by different characters? Whose do you think would be closest to Emily Bronte's/
5/ How are family life and and values represented in the text? Are opposing views or contradictory representations present?
6/ In what ways does "Wuthering Heights" reveal the influence of Romanticism on Bronte's literary style?
7/ How do various features of the writing in the opening chapter introduce us to important qualities of the novel as a whole?
8/ How is the Romantic atmosphere of "Wuthering Heights" conveyed by the novel's literary qualities?
9/ How are the later characteristics of Cathy's and Heathcliff's personalities established in the desc riptions of their childhoods?
10/ Why is Cathy's statement,' i am Heathcliff' ,so important to the story?
11/ In what different ways might readers respond to the characterisation of Heathcliff,or i s only one response possible?
12/ What are the various strands in the narrative of the novel which bring it to an appropriately suspenseful point at the end of Volume 1?
13/ What is the effect of the use of regional and dialect language in "Wuthering Heights"?

Hope these are useful. If you want more send me a private email and I'll send some more.

DraconisV

Christopher Fife
HSC
Thank you alot tigerian, That is exactly what i was looking for, i will PM you asking for more.

Thanks again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)