• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

y11 maths (1 Viewer)

orly?

HSC
hey ppl, im wondering what i should learn before doing maths.. cause i mostly bludged in y7-9 and i found it difficult in y10. so anyone have any tips on what i have to learn? or will it all be covered in y11?

thx:)

ronaldinho

Banned
HSC
cordinate geometry.. but all the topics will b covered from year 10.. but they go quite fast.. for example if it took 2 weeks to learn simultaneus eqn in year 11 they will do it n one week

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
The teachers go over the basics in the first couple of weeks, surds, rationalising etc and then as you progress most of year 10 is in there with a couple added formulae and concepts built up from year 10. Then you learn some new stuff ie calculus etc.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
In the very first topic "Basic Arithmetic and Algebra", most of the basics are covered, including equations, exponentials, rounding off, conversions, surds, quadratics and even addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of numbers.

redom

HSC
Alot of yr 10 is done in the preliminary (Yr11) course. Geometry, Coordinate Geometry, Basic algebra and arithmetic, Trig and so on. Calculus is new to yr 11, but not that much more apart from little things. Id recommend going through the first few chapters of a 2unit textboook, like the basic algebra and equations stuff because they tend to do it at a really frantic rate. Personally when we first started we went soo fast that id thought wed finish the whole prelim and hsc course within the first 3 terms, however they slow down a little after the first few basic chapters.

BIGTYMA

Focus
HSC
if u bludged yr7-9 maths and found yr 10 to be hard u would be better off doing general maths because yr 10 maths is the bases of 2unit.

P

pLuvia

Almost always you have to do some revision of year 9-10 maths so just learn it from there

bos1234

HSC
whatever u do DONT DONT DONT DONT DONT fall behind in maths.. hard to catch up

Danitel

HSC
Well, this will be a little bit tough, all the skills should be developed as a person always has their own understanding of maths...

Different people have different way of studying....

For year 11, most focus made in Maths can be summarised in one word .....(which I think...)...RUSH...

Study out of class especially at home is recommened for a good result in Maths...as well as you 90% concentrate in listening to the teacher in class....

This is the basic quiz for all the subjects....

:)

And you can check online for the Maths 2u 3u & 4u .....

http://hsc.csu.edu.au/maths/

Hope this can help you......^^:)

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
personally i don't think that in year 11 you need to do extra study for maths - only if you missed a lesson or something.

Just always do your homework - as this will provide invaluable practice which will drill the maths into your head - and when it comes to exam time you will recall most things with ease, hopefully only having to doublecheck a couple of formulas.

It's all very well to learn something in class, but if you don't do a fair few questions on it you'll never fully understand it and be able to answer exam questions well. If your teacher doesn't set much homework, do questions yourself out of the textbook. I reckon for most of the exercises you should be doing about every second question (and don't deliberately skip the harder ones)

All the best for the beginning of Year 11 and remember that the end will come sooner than you think!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)