Year 12 subject selection (1 Viewer)

amelia81

HSC
Hi there! I'm a student finishing up year 11 and I'm currently taking English advanced, Mathematics advanced, Economics (which I study through distance education), Legal studies, Business studies, and Modern history. My goal is to pursue a double degree in PPE (politics, philosophy, and economics) and law at UNSW. Although I excel in most of my subjects with marks above 90%, I've been struggling in maths advanced (I'm scraping by with the class average). In year 12, I have the option to drop down to 10 units from my current 12 units, but I'm unsure which subject to drop. Should I go down to math standard and learn new content like networks? Or should I drop math altogether? If I drop Math, it will give me more time to focus on my other subjects and balance my school work with my personal life. I'm worried that I might regret dropping it though. Another option I'm considering is dropping Modern History - even though I get an A in it with no problem, it doesn't complement my other subjects as well and it can be dry. I'd really appreciate any advice you might have. Thanks! 😊

s9a

HSC
Hi there! I'm a student finishing up year 11 and I'm currently taking English advanced, Mathematics advanced, Economics (which I study through distance education), Legal studies, Business studies, and Modern history. My goal is to pursue a double degree in PPE (politics, philosophy, and economics) and law at UNSW. Although I excel in most of my subjects with marks above 90%, I've been struggling in maths advanced (I'm scraping by with the class average). In year 12, I have the option to drop down to 10 units from my current 12 units, but I'm unsure which subject to drop. Should I go down to math standard and learn new content like networks? Or should I drop math altogether? If I drop Math, it will give me more time to focus on my other subjects and balance my school work with my personal life. I'm worried that I might regret dropping it though. Another option I'm considering is dropping Modern History - even though I get an A in it with no problem, it doesn't complement my other subjects as well and it can be dry. I'd really appreciate any advice you might have. Thanks! 😊
if maths isnt a prequisite, i reckon drop it. Why drop modern when u can get an easy A

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)