Yearbook!!! (1 Viewer)

Roomby

HSC
wondering if any school is getting a yearbook this year. if so...what would u put in it. also, any companies that anyone knows of that publish them...

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
haha, year books!! they'll come in handy for reunions!!... <3...
Our grade does this thing like where we vote for people "most likely to succeed," "smartest person" "nicest person" "funniest person" "quietest person" "sportiest person" "best all rounder"... "most blonde" "most looks like Yoda/Golem/???" etc :rofl: ...so it'll be funny if people live up to the expectations!! xD

Roomby

HSC
i know one publsher...rockstar memoirs, but i dont know if they still do it...​

HSC
Yearbooks?

I highly recommend Rockstar Memoirs

It still exists, in fact its flourishing and become increasingly popular! Check out their website for a free yearbook guide! They have really cool and funky designs not like your normal yearbook and they have many clients all over Sydney, Central Coast, and even stretching to regional areas such as Canberra and Wollongong. The best thing is that there are various options to suit your budgets, they range from $10-40!

For more information, visit their website or contact them by email or phone...

Email: nathan@rockstarmemoirs.com

Phone: 1300 782 901

Last edited:

jaaaaay

HSC
oh... yearbooks!? haven't thought about them at all... wonder if we have a commitee...

---edit---

that Rockstar Memoirs thing you guys mentioned... they're like advertising all over the forum... Roomby, how could you miss it? =P

Last edited:

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
Gangles.McGee said:
Thats terrible. Once its scratched, its gone.
Yeah, but you get to add interviews, music, movies and stuff like that :)

It'll be heaps funny to watch, come 10 years time!!

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
You're talking about the year 12 yearbook, not just the normal one that everyone else gets, right? I think I might get one :D

xxJTxx

HSC
I'm on the Yearbook committee this year. I made most of the Yearbook for my sisters graduating class of '06 as well. They left their's to be done VERY VERY late, i.e STUVAC late..so I kinda felt bad for my sister and ended up doing a whole bunch of it. Like...80% of it lol. Anyway. Unfortunately, that made me "experienced" and so I was put on (by force i might add) the committee this year, for my own grade..which should be more fun.

Last year, the company that did the publishing of the book was Rockstar Memoirs. They are the only ones I know of that print/bind/and do other fancy stuff. Last year, it was a 108 pages of glossy paper, ALL COLOUR and it cost them 65$ per book. It also had a hard cover, and nice embossing on the front. :)

Um. What to include? What not to include is the real question lol. I have a lot of ideas I've gathered around the place for my own years year book...includes:
- Student Profiles (Yr 7 photo and yr 12 photo)
- Class Reports by teachers wtih photos of each class
- Year Reports with each year group photo as well as photos from events throughout the year concerned
- Messages from important people who weren't teachers; principal, year advisor etc
- Awards; braniest, funniest, most cultured etc..but one for every person in the year, so no one is left out.
- Groups; photos of each "group" and "click" in their "hangout" at school on a series of pages with a little note from each of the groups. photos will be natural to capture the mood ;)
- Formal Recap Page/Graduation Recap page
- Swimming and Athletics Carnivals Photo Pages...
- Relationships! Love Triangles etc..
- Quitters/Leavers/Dropouts? Cruel but worth remembering everyone who was part of the year
- Ummerz you know how you collect thousands of photos from everyone? A dvd at the back with all those photos on it...so everyone can have them ;)
- a photo of the year in jersey's lined up in the shape of the numbers "07". Someone, somewhere, posted a pic of that, and I thought it was a spectacular idea for like a last page of a year book :D:D:D
- And that's all I can think of atm.

We've specifed for a 70$ yearbook this year, so it should all happen. Yearbooks are so much work, I kinda don't want to do it again this year lol

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
It's wierd that even though i hate everyone in my year, it's going to be sad to finish school.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Gangles.McGee said:
Haha no, no. I'm quite fine with not liking many people.
I think for me though, it's the idea of that comfort zone that we have been going to for 13 years is about to be taken away from us.

Even so, I will be happy to never see half my grade again.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
$70 is certainly a lot of money for a year book.

Mine year was around the $10-$20 mark.

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
yeah $70 is an aweful lot...mine was 15 it had colour pages, and was quite large...but whatever if u can afford $70 then there must be an aweful lot of money going to other things besides the printing itself...if not i would consider getting it printed elsewhere

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
dr baby beanie said:
Awwe poor Gangles. :eek:

I'm weird, I <3 99% of my grade!! :uhhuh: (...and not like that :shy:)
When I was reading that post, I wasn't thinking that way till I read the brackets :eek: And I'm alright with most of the grade at my school :uhhuh:

Hmm, I forgot what was on the DVD they gave out last year with the yearbook, but it did contain a lot of things, pics, student and teacher interviews, things like that.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Dear lord, I could imagine a few things going on our DVD......

Let's just say we have some very comedic 'jocks' who go overboard with everything. Good lads.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)