Yeats critical study help (1 Viewer)

leginag

Sydney, NSW, Australia, Southern Hemisphere
hey pplz,

we're doing some of Yeats poetry for the critical readings...and our teacher told us today that she can't find any critical readings for the poems we're doing.....which is kinda buggering as we have an assessment on that soon.

can anyone help??references to critical readings on yeats would be greatly appreciated

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
personally i did a theological reading and a political reading for the second coming and easter 1916

yet i referred to almost all of the poems in the syllabus...

its quite easy to pick up these two readings, even easier if u try to go for an autobiographical one or liberal humanist theres a shitload of books in the library which can aid u with those two

leginag

Sydney, NSW, Australia, Southern Hemisphere
thnx dude...

i took a biographical and new critical reading..which complement each other well, as they are opposites lol.

My teacher rang up the BoS to ask them where to find readings...and the head person said "If you find some..you WILL tell us won't you??" ironical eh?

Wolf^^

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
npz...

no offense but is ur teacher qualified? its not all about digging study guides and info in them to shove in ur essay, u shud first learn wot the different criticisms r and be able to apply them to the poetry urself

why would she ask such .. err .. stupid questions .. no offense :)

JoyDivision

Is Big In Japan
HSC
I'm doing an assessment task on Yeats at the moment, writing it as we speak.

Doing a Postmodern/New Historical criticism through the eyes of W.H Auden (its a drama representation task) using 'Under Ben Bulben' and 'The Second Coming' with 'Byzantium' to an audience for a TV show due to be aired on July 20th, 1969.

Its defintely not easy, but the resources are out there on the internet if you have a good look.

Also, to get a good insight into Yeats and how he may be interpreted 'In Memory Of W.B Yeats' by Auden is an excellent starting point but your teacher has already probably given you that. I made mine promise she'd wait until AFTER the trials to give it to our class.....

Cheery.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)