Yeats Essays: Same as usual? (1 Viewer)

absorber

HSC
yeah I was just interested, because this module is a critical study of texts, does this mean we have to quote critics or anything? I did an assessment and part of the teacher's marking criteria was 'shows evidence of wider critical reading', and I didn't get full marks but I'm not sure if that was only because I didn't quote anything other than the content of Yeats' poems, or something else

retrieve

HSC
N/A
Yes, how 'others' perspectives' have enhanced your understanding of the poems. Evaluate your reading against theirs to extend your appreciation of the poem- able to be vlaued in diff contexts

kirkikirkikirki

HSC
Basically the module wants you to develop a critical understanding of Yeats' poetry through a two pronged attack - your own analysis and wider reading.

My teacher told us it was best to form an opinion through our own analysis and look at other critics' views to see if we agree, disagree or if they've come up with something we haven't thought of.

I would guess that since it's specifically in the marking guidelines that it would be reason you lost marks. I lost my only mark in mine because I didn't quote.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)