Yes or No q's your answers will be appreciated. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBear_25

HSC
Hello, everyone,

Do to the lack of responses to my last post I have changed the format to mainly Yes/No questions. Note you don't have to answer all the questions just follow the instructions to the questions. If you would like to add anything extra please do so.
Thanks Bigbear:)

Cultural Background:

Religion:

1) Describe your understanding of the events of September 11 (a couple of lines will do).

2) Do you agree with the media portrayal of 9/11 by the media? Yes or No.

3) Do you agree with the stereotypes placed by the media on Islam post 9/11? Yes or No.

4) Do you think that the events of September 11 were religiously motivated? Yes or No.

5) Osama bin Laden Hero or Villain?

6) Do you know about any conspiracy theories connected to 9/11? If Yes which ones?

If you answered Yes to question 6 then answer question 7.

7) Do you believe in any of these conspiracy theories? If Yes which ones?

If you are not of the religion of Islam please answer the following question:

8) Do you think that the consequences of the media’s portrayal of 9/11 been good or bad for Islam?

If you are of the religion of Islam please answer the following questions:

State your Islamic group (i.e Sunni or Shi’i):

9)Describe your understanding of concept of jihad? (a couple of lines will do)

10)Do you think that the media’s understanding of the term jihad to be correct? Yes or No.

11)If you answered No to the above question what is wrong with the media’s understanding?

12)Define the terms fundamentalists and extremists/radicals ( a couple of lines will do)

13)According to your definition of the terms above how would you categorise terrorist groups like Al-Qaeda? (so is it a fundametalist group or extremsits/radical group).

14) If you have read the Qur’an could you point out the sections that have been misinterpreted by both terrorist groups and/or the media? If so what are they and what do they actually mean? (As much as you like)

Your responses have will be much appreciated. Thank you again:)

ane_st

HSC
Im pretty bored so im just doin surveys.. hmm yours is interesting..

Cultural Background: Macedonian

Religion: Macedonian Orthodox

1)
Um... a bunch of people in a plane managed to bomb done 2 buildings??? Well.. a bunch of terrorists risked (stupidly) their own lives and many other ppls lives to make a political statement

2) Yes

3) No

4) Um.... Dont know.. Maybe???

5) Idiotic man.. so villain

6) Sorry No!! :S

8)
Bad.... I think it generilizes the Islam community, not all people of that cultural background are likely to do that and it gives them a bad name...

xoxo

HSC

Cultural Background: umm half aussie n half croatian

Religion: catholic

1) Describe your understanding of the events of September 11 (a couple of lines will do).
umm basically al quida (sp...the group with ossama bin laden) didnt like the us or soemthing n hijacked two...or was it more hmm....planes n flew them into the world trade centre buildings.

yeh i guess

3) Do you agree with the stereotypes placed by the media on Islam post 9/11? Yes or No.
umm no coz i kno there are alot that dont hold those values or beliefs that they extremists to but then again there r alot that do...its not right to stereotype them tho

4) Do you think that the events of September 11 were religiously motivated? Yes or No.

yep
villain

6) Do you know about any conspiracy theories connected to 9/11? If Yes which ones?
nope...like to hear them tho...i luv conspiracy theories...some can b so whacked lol

8) Do you think that the consequences of the media’s portrayal of 9/11 been good or bad for Islam?
probably bad

10)Do you think that the media’s understanding of the term jihad to be correct? Yes or No.

11)If you answered No to the above question what is wrong with the media’s understanding?

12)Define the terms fundamentalists and extremists/radicals ( a couple of lines will do)

13)According to your definition of the terms above how would you categorise terrorist groups like Al-Qaeda? (so is it a fundametalist group or extremsits/radical group).

14) If you have read the Qur’an could you point out the sections that have been misinterpreted by both terrorist groups and/or the media? If so what are they and what do they actually mean? (As much as you like)

s2indie

HSC

Cultural Background: Vietnamese

Religion: Roman Catholic

1) Describe your understanding of the events of September 11 (a couple of lines will do). Errr, terrorist attacks caused the World Trade Centre to fall killing thousands of people.

2) Do you agree with the media portrayal of 9/11 by the media? Yes or No. Yes

3) Do you agree with the stereotypes placed by the media on Islam post 9/11? Yes or No. No

4) Do you think that the events of September 11 were religiously motivated? Yes or No. Sort of. Radicals believe it's part of the religion.

5) Osama bin Laden Hero or Villain? Villian

6) Do you know about any conspiracy theories connected to 9/11? If Yes which ones? No

8) Do you think that the consequences of the media’s portrayal of 9/11 been good or bad for Islam? Bad.

Last edited:

robo-andie

HSC
Cultural Background:
English (Australian)
Religion:
Agnostic

It was a terrorist attack on the world trade centres which acted as a catalyst for war and killed thousands.
No.
No.
No.
Villain
Yes.
The involvement of the Bush government in coordinating the attack.
That 9/11 never happened (seriously, some people believe the attack didn't happen)

Yes. The involvement of the Bush government....
After watching Fahrenhiet 9/11 (Michael Moore) I am in agreement with a lot of what he says.

Bad. It hasn't improved the global view of Islam, and there has been a huge amount of disturbance within society (mainly an increase of how vocal people are with their hatred of Islamic culture etc,both in Australia and Internationally).

nitro.vo

HSC

Cultural Background: Australian, living in Singapore

Religion: the "i hate religion" type

1) Describe your understanding of the events of September 11
A guy planned an attack on something that would cripple america for a while, as a form of retaliiation of somesort

no

no
possibly, i think more political though
just another 'bad guy' that was hyped up by the media

the planes blowing up before they actually hit the towers... i forget, some video on youtube had them.

I think a hijacker drove the planes into the towers. simple as that.

bad, definatley.

ediisjoz

HSC

Cultural Background: Australian

Religion: Church Of England - not religious

My first understanding of terrorism, i never knew such a thing existed before september 11.. :(

no

yes

yes

5) Osama bin Laden Hero or Villain? villain

no

8) Do you think that the consequences of the media’s portrayal of 9/11 been good or bad for Islam? bad

webby234

HSC
N/A

Cultural Background:
British

Religion:
none - atheist

Members of a religious extremist group made a political statement through a terrorist attack on a larger scale than previous terrorist attacks (not to trivialise the ones before it).

No

No

Partially, more political though

Villain, although that's a bit simplistic

Yes - planned by US Govt, US Govt knew about the attacks but did nothing to stop them.

Not really - the govt might have known that there was some threat, but seen it as insignificant or unlikely eg the story of Willie Brown, Mayor of San Francisco, who said he had a phone call from his airport security eight hours before the attacks advised him that Americans should be cautious about their air travel.

mostly negative

HSC

Cultural Background: Caucasian Australian.

Religion: New Age.

A terrorist attack took place on American soil, in which thousands of Americans were killed by the actions of suicidal Muslims who hijacked 4 planes and drove them into US landmarks in the name of a 'holy war'.

No.

3) Do you agree with the stereotypes placed by the media on Islam post 9/11?
No.

4) Do you think that the events of September 11 were religiously motivated?
Yes.

Villain.

Yes; Jews did it.

Yes; Jews did it.

Bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)