You can still apply! (1 Viewer)

Richie87

HSC
Hey Everyone,

My younger brother was just on these forums and he said not many people knew about applying for Notre Dame. I'm actually a student at Notre Dame Sydney, in my 3rd year. I'm really enjoying it there and I've met some awesome people and I really like my course (Marketing and Communications). Just to let you know:
  • You can still apply, just go to www.sydney.nd.edu.au and download an application form.
  • Fill it in with you documentation and personal statement etc.
  • Mail it off and they will contact you for an interview.
I think the uni's number is 8204 4404 if you want to talk to someone.

Otherwise if you post below, I'll try and answer your questions!

acehigh16123456

HSC
i am interested in going to notre dame and doing a bachelor of nursing at the sydney campus. i am still trying to get the bits and pieces together for my application.
but i hav a few questions

-why would we have to have an interview?
-what sort of things do they ask?
- do we have to be religious to go to that uni?

UNDASydney

HSC
N/A
Dear acehigh16123456,

Hi I'm a staff member here at Notre Dame. Let me attempt to answer your questions:

-why would we have to have an interview?
We require that all applicants go through an interview as part of the admissions process because we believe that it will give you the opportunity to ask questions to the academic as well as being asked about your schooling background and academic achievements etc. The interview process is a more holistic approach and we treat all applicants as individuals and not just a number.

-what sort of things do they ask?
The academics conducting the interviews will usually go through a few questions such as:
Your academic background and contribution to student life and the community
Why you would like to pursue the particular area (in your case that would be Nursing)
Your understanding of Notre Dame's Catholic ethos

- do we have to be religious to go to that uni?
No, the university is opened to applicants from all backgrounds and faith. Students will need to complete the Core Curriculum though. This is a compulsory component for all Notre Dame degrees and includes one subject in Philosophy, Ethics and Theology respectively.

As Richie87 has mentioned, you're more than welcome to give us a call at 8204 4404 or write to us at sydney@nd.edu.au if you have any other questions.

Hope this helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)