Your Direction after VCE (1 Viewer)

Career_Help

HSC
N/A
I am a consultant that has several years of experience in higher education. During my years in the industry, I found that high school students have no clear direction after their VCE. A lot of them are unhappy and have no interest in the courses they undertake. They then move on to change courses which are costly and time consuming.

I initially started this career consulting service to assist students that I dealt with on a day to day basis. However due to the good demand and feedback I received, I now career consult on a full time basis.

I provide career guidance to secondary students in Melbourne. In order to provide the student with direction subsequently to the completion of their VCE, I start by assessing their interests, values and personality. This enables gives me a good understanding of the type of work tasks and industries that best suit you. I then conduct my research to identify the careers and courses that the student is most likely to enjoy and will provide him/her an action plan to help you on your path to a fulfilling career.

Considering, students at this age need parental guidance and support, the action plan is presented in the presence of both, the parents and the student. However, I normally conduct my initial face-to-face consult with the student alone, to allow them to freely express their views.

The career consulting package cost $200. This cost includes :

• A 30-60 minute initial face-to-face consult with the student to assess their interest, values and personality
  • Extensive research on my part on academic courses, trade apprenticeship programs and work experience opportunities, to determine a course of action for the student
  • A 30-60 minute follow up consultation to present the action plan (usually conducted in the presence of the student and their guardian)

For further enquiries please call 0406106954 or send me a personal message.

Note : I would recommend this career consult to students between year 10-12. I believe prior to this age, students should leave their options open and enjoy studying and experiencing a variety of subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)