• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Your geog teacher (1 Viewer)

elisabeth

HSC
In an attempt to revive this forum a little...

What's your geography teacher like?

My teacher is a pretty nice bloke, the kind who always jokes around with students. The problem is, he rarely teaches. The class is 10 guys and 3 girls, so it can get pretty rowdy when he's not around to put a lid on things. And he's always going on about our 'comparitive reading studies' (translation: him bunging down a pile of textbooks and walking out of the room to do other stuff). And he wonders why all but 2 failed last year's exams... I'm only annoyed because he gave us a whole talk about how this is the HSC, no more mucking about... and he never stays for a whole period. Doesn't assign homework. Nothing.

Oh well, bought myself a maquarie textbook... ;)

sovietski

HSC
My teacher is nice enough, but i dont trust her at all.

She gives alot of "facts" and "case studies" but im skeptical about the credibility of alot of them. Even some of her definitions are a bit... meh...

Oh well, looks like lone soldier research for the HSC for me!

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
i do geography by correspondence, so have only met my teacher once, but... hes really weird. im his 'pet project', apparently (because im coming first out of a class of three, therefore am obviously an exceptional student, so he has high hsc expectations of me). im not sure that i really like being a guinea pig, but whatever.

HSC
sovietski said:
My teacher is nice enough, but i dont trust her at all.

She gives alot of "facts" and "case studies" but im skeptical about the credibility of alot of them. Even some of her definitions are a bit... meh...

Oh well, looks like lone soldier research for the HSC for me!
yeah that's similar with mine. Although she can be useful at times and seems to know her stuff, she can lead you astray sometimes so geography is fast becoming a self-teach subject. However, she does do marking for the HSC so she can provide great guidance in that area (which invariably matters the most).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)