Your Parents. What do they think? (1 Viewer)

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
hmmm i remember how i spent most of the time after the trials and before the hsc;
playing basketball and soccer instead of going to class
and gambling on big2 (10cents per card) in the seniors area :)

anyway to those of you disappointed with your uai's it's not something to really worry about. In less than a years time (say 4 months) your uai will be meaningless and you'll have more important things to worry about.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Bob.J said:
anyway to those of you disappointed with your uai's it's not something to really worry about. In less than a years time (say 4 months) your uai will be meaningless and you'll have more important things to worry about.
I agree. Like worrying if you had passed all your subjects at uni or not :D

tensai

HSC
i got 98.90 and my dad rkn it's shit. WTF does he fucken expect man. He bloody hassles me everyday before the exam:'gotta study harder!' and giving me shit advices such as:"go write a poem for your modules". I rkn without him nagging me i could've got 99+ since all my Exam marks are lower than my school mark!

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
who cares. just be rude to him and tell him he is a shit father and hes good for nothing and then leach it for all its worth. you deserve it. you should be allowed to enjjoy the fact you got an waesome uai even though it could have been better. thats why im not telling my relos from my dads side

mishka

HSC
N/A
my parents were so happy. my dad later confessed he didn't think i'd make it into the 90s earlier in the year. visited school and teachers seem happy, so it's all good.

a uai is like a ticket - once it's used it's thrown away. to all those worrying about their first preferences, don't. use your ticket to go somewhere else then ask for a replacement. :) :D

HSC
N/A
I must be really lucky... I'm asian too, but my parents are over the moon about my UAI - 92.95. Mum's happy because now her asian friends all have to shut up now - "She'll never do well you know, she's not doing enough academic subjects, and she's not studying hard enough! Lock her in her room! Don't let her go out!" (they cannot BELIEVE I did General Maths... or that I continued dance training all through this year) and Dad's... kinda blase about it all, but boasting to everyone about the three band 6's I got (even though none of them were for maths... heehee) and showing the paper to everyone he can get his hands on.

natstar said it right - we survived the damn HSC, now everyone (including bitchy parents) should just leave us alone... they're not the ones who had to live through an entire year of stress and pressure!

ay_caramba

Crazily Sane.
HSC
i got a UAI of 99.1, which far exceeded my expectations.. my parents were (and are) still crazy with pride!! :D i guess theyve always been really supportive

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
My Dad was over the moon for me...he never thought I'd be able to break 90 since I do Drama and Visual Arts and I'm really shit at Chemistry. When I ran out of my room and screamed "I GOT 93.65" Dad called me his 'beautiful girl' and gave me a hug but my Mum...
"Oh my god. You beat your cousin!"

The first thing that came out of her mouth had to be that. I wasn't impressed. I guess it just slipped out.

But yeah, I was petrified of what my parents would think...cause my sister got 98.7 when she went through it all...and people back then would always say "You're so much smarter you'll be able to beat that easy..." and crap like that.

But personally...my UAI is everything I wanted it to be...sure, it's not in the high 90s...but I am satisfied I survived it all the same.

Well Done Everyone...No Matter what your results was...you achieved something by getting to the end.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)