Yr 11 Chem (1 Viewer)

queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
for those who have jus finished, any1 willing 2 lead a helpin hand 2 help me in chap 1 chem.. (the chemical earth) to answer a few questions for an assignment??

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by queenie
for those who have jus finished, any1 willing 2 lead a helpin hand 2 help me in chap 1 chem.. (the chemical earth) to answer a few questions for an assignment??
queenie?? i thought u r a hsc er this yr!!! well in bio forum u certain sounds lyk a hscer... ??

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Originally posted by victorling
i am willing to help too
^_^

haha; i can see where this is heading dude
Originally posted by xiao1985
queenie?? i thought u r a hsc er this yr!!! well in bio forum u certain sounds lyk a hscer... ??
he/she accelerated bio i believe
and queenie; i chucked out my year 11 stuff, i didn't give it away:p oh wait lemme see

queenie

HSC
lol yea man im acceleratin in bio so im doin yr 12.. but im in yr 11 technically this yr.. thanks for sortin things out timmy :p

the questions are basically straight out dot points from module 1; prelim chem and are as follows:

- describe metals as 3D lattices of ions in a sea of electrons.. (ah-hem.. describe?)
- describe ionic compoundsin terms of repeating 3D lattices of ions
- explain why the formula for an ionic compound is an empirical formula..

thanks heaps u guys.. and um timmy? he/she.. queenie.. im a S H E .

queenie

HSC
lol ive got conquerin chem and um.. chem contexts.. ive tried them .. and tankz for all the help timz..hehe.. but i dnt blame u for chuckin out ur prelim stuff.. no1 keeps that crap anyway

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
ok the formula for an ionic compound is empirical because it doesnt form diatomic molecules or hexatomic etc. It forms a lattice of them that continues until the edge of the grain of salt or whatever.

abdooooo!!!

Banned
- describe metals as 3D lattices of ions in a sea of electrons.. (ah-hem.. describe?)
look at this people my answers:

- metal are 3D lattice ions of a sea of delocalised electrons. :)

- ionic compound are repeating 3D lattices of ions bonded together by their ionic charges. lol

- emperical formula = a fancy term for ratio formula. this is because ionic compounds are not composed of discrete molecules... hence we must write in its most simple term. ie "molecular formula" does not exist. the above question about 3D lattice already answered this one. :p

ahaha this is funny... hsc.

queenie

HSC
yep dude, they were pretty much *my* answers... then i showed em 2 the teacher, and shes like D E S C R I B E... and im like..erm ok

:D

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
yep dude, they were pretty much *my* answers... then i showed em 2 the teacher, and shes like D E S C R I B E... and im like..erm ok

:D
lolz, omg, ur teachers are retarded...

lol yea man im acceleratin in bio so im doin yr 12.. but im in yr 11 technically this yr.. thanks for sortin things out timmy :p

the questions are basically straight out dot points from module 1; prelim chem and are as follows:

thanks heaps u guys.. and um timmy? he/she.. queenie.. im a S H E .
metals consists of cations forming a lattice and surrounded by a sea of delocalised electrons... the lattice is held my electro static attraction between the cation and the sea of electrons...( well, since ur teacher is lyk DESCRIBE, so doens't hurt to shove this in...)

well, other questions, abdooooo pretty much answered it... ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)