Yr 11 Yearly Exam Prep tips (2 Viewers)

Killua101

HSC
GUYS, can any HSC people give me some tips for preparing for the yr 11 yearlies. I know they are 8 weeks away, but tbh im pretty freaked due to the amount of topics that i will need to remember for each subject. I am doing Adv Eng, Ext 1 maths, Phy, Chem, Bio, Eco and my half-yearly results were pretty good (top 3 in all except eng). SO can anyone suggest me some tips or strategies to study because i know that for each subject, everything in is in the yearly (ex chem has metals, chemical earth, water and energy).

Thanks in advance.

UpperEastSider

HSC
Here are my tips for you:

1. Adv Eng: Memorise quotes and an essay plan!! I'm not the sort of person who memorises a whole essay for the text that I studied as I've been constantly told that if you do that then your response tends to not completely answer the question. And keep practising your essay plan (emphasis on plan and not a complete essay- don't rote learn) to different questions. I kept writing essays at home under timed conditions and handed them to my teacher to mark. My teacher gave great feedback and I felt this set up good skills for the HSC.

2. Ext 1 maths: practice, practice, practice!!!! Just keep practicing!! And memorise those formulas that need to be memorised.

3. Physics: understand the theory and then practice them by doing heaps of questions!! I used those excel study guides a lot to help. There is no point in rote learning physics unless you completely understand the topic. Because physics is about application of the theory to questions and not like bio where you can just memorise everything.

4. Chem: understand and memorise theory

5. Bio: pretty straight forward, just memorise the theory from the syllabus dot points.

6. Eco: I never did economics so can't really offer any insight to how to effectively study for this subject. Anyone else have any tips??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)