• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

yr 12 subjects! 3U maths or not? (1 Viewer)

kell_276

HSC
please help me i am desperate!
i am not a huge fan of maths but i am ok at it. I was warned before i started 3U that is was a lot of work, and well, i didnt realy listen. Now its the prelims and im stressing about whether to do 3U next year as an 11th unit. Please help me i dont really like maths but i will do it if it will help my UAI, although im not really sure that 3U maths will help me at uni(wateva i end up doing)

HELP!!

roadcone

HSC
you could probably just keep it for a bit and then decide at a later stage whether you want to continue with it. however if you don't need it or don't want to do it you could just get rid of it.

laurel18

Keep smiling Ü
HSC
do it...it'll help with the two unit maths...then maybe if you don't like it you can drop it during the year

P

pLuvia

jsut keep it, it scales well, and as laurel18 said it helps with 2u~ and also having an 11th unit means you have 1 unit to spare//~

[Damo]

HSC
just do it for a bit n if u dnt like it drop it. simple. do the first few topics and mayb th first exam, c how u go n make a decision,

snowbunny

HSC
im having the same thoughts....it'll help with 2unit so i might keep it until it gets 2 hard because even though it scales well i dont think i'll go well enough to beat my marks in my other subjects so it wont count anyway...

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
Just do it.
If you don't like it or can't keep up, drop it later in the year.
And a subject won't scale well if you do badly in in. Don't do subjects just because they scale well.
You're much better to get a high mark in a lower scaling subject than a low mark in a higher scaling subject. The low mark will probably turn out to be less.

P

pLuvia

if your teacher or anyone says that 3unit takes a lot of time, it doesn't so just stick with it..~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)